cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Documnet/Schema Loader

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to validate one XML file whether it follows the standards of one specific XSD file. Using Reference Document/Schema Loader how can we achieve this? Actually What is the use of Reference Documnet/Schema Loader actions in BLS?I have refered the following link.

/people/dipankar.saha3/blog/2006/11/15/reference-document-in-sap-xmii--the-mystery-resolved

Thanks,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Madhavi,

The reference document/schema loader actions do not actually assign any XML structures are runtime so this will not work. They are simply used during design time so that you can build proper XPaths based on an expected XML input. For more details see the help docs.

If you want to compare XML structures and validate they are correct you will have to do this via other means. What is it that you are trying to do? Why not just check existance of an XML path? Much quicker & easier.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Som,

I have done one example. In that i have one Schema loader to load one XSD file. At the same time i have loaded one XML file using document loader. i want to validate this XML file follows that XSD file or not. How to validate that XML file?

If you have any example about reference document/schema loader please explain... I want the information about this.

0 Kudos

Madhavi,

The reference doc and schema actions cannot do this, be sure to read the help thoroughly as to how they are used.

As previously asked, what is the business case for this? Otherwise I cannot help.

Sam

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A new action block for validating XML files against an XSD is on the roadmap for version 12.1.