cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send a JSP file in a MAU patch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

We need to send a patch for enhancement, which contains classes and a JSP file also. So, we know how to send class files, but we are not aware of how to send a JSP file in the patch.

Please help us if anybody know this.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually you have the JSPs as precompiled versions? Then it is in a class file as well, and so it will be the usual way. If you do not precompile it, then you just need to change the location you send the file to in the deployment descriptor. That will save the file then in the correct position.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your reply.

If I am sending the class file of the Jsp, then what has to be the path of that class file in the patch. Means If iam sending a class file of any controller class, iam giving the path as WEB-INF\classes\package.....\xxx.class in the patch, like this what should be the path of the JSP class file in the patch.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After deploying this custom patch to our application, class files are perfectly getting used but not the JSP file. Application is still using the compiled jsp (class) which is placed in the 'application.jar' under the lib folder.

Is is possible to update this jar file or to change some mappings?

Thanks in advance.

Ravi

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

There is a blog which explains about creating an MI application patch but i am not sure how far this help you.Refer this

<a href="/people/kishor.gopinathan/blog/2006/03/17/how-can-we-apply-mi-application-patches

Thanks and Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

<b>Is is possible to update this jar file or to change some mappings?</b>--->I think you can not update the application.jar file.

Let me know one thing, while you creating war file from NWDS/Eclipse did you compile JSP pages as Precompiled class files. If you did that, your application will not point JSP pages that you applied as patches.

Is your application is in production phase? If yes, my first suggestion is..If you have updated application.jar file, apply the application.jar file as patch.

If your application is not in production phase....best option is, again create a war file as pre-compiled jsp pages, and make changes in NWDS that the compiled class files should loaded as application.jar file. Then you can apply patches easily.

Hope this helps you..

Regards,

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have solved this problem by updating the application.jar file through install.xml file with the compiled JSP file. We have made an entry in the install.xml file, like ADD To ARCHIVE which updates the jar file with this compiled JSP file. This has solved our problem and the jsp is working fine.

So, Is this the correct approach or is there any fault in this. Please post your comments on this approach.

Thanks & Regards,

Ravi Shankar

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Creating a patch with Install.xml is the correct approach , you can also use this xml file to manipulate property file and for many other task.Kindly refer to this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/de964bd6913c1de10000000a155369/frameset.htm">link</a> which has all task used in it.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hik,

sorry, have been away for customer support the last day - but yes, the approach discussed with the XML file is exactly the thing I had in mind in my previous post.

Anyway, hope this is solved now for you and you can work!

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)