cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print DMS document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have uploaded the documents in CV01N Tcode.I want to write a report for printing the documents.

Can you please send me the code or any function module.

Thank You,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I think function module 'CV120_START_APPLICATION' might be usefull for this issue. Here you can start the same functionality as in CV02N or CV03N if you press the print button there.

As requirement you have to maintain the workstation application in transaction DC30 for application type "3" (print) before. Here you can maintain the parameter %AUTO% for example. In this case the system will use an external programm to

print the original. This external application has to be maintained in the Windows folder options before for the relevant file format for action 'print'.

The function module is also used if you print an original in the dialog mode and therefore it should also work for your report.

In the module you have to enter the following data:

PF_API_MODE

PF_DAPPL "Worktstation Application"

PF_APPTP 3 (print)

PF_FILE

PF_CHECK_FILE

PS_DRAW "Data for document info record"

PF_APPNR "position of the original"

PF_URL

PS_FRONTEND

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points if the information was usefull.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply.

The PF_FILE parameter is mandatory.How to get this file path.

Thank You,

Suresh

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

as I know the variable PF_FILE is normally filled with the path of the temporary copy of the original. This path could be maintained in transaction DC20 for each frontendtype. Please check the settings there and if no path is maintained I would recommend you to maintain a path where all users have full (read and write) permission like C:\temp\.

For the function module please try to enter a path like C:\temp\'filename.extension'. You can also use the BAPI_DOCUMENT_GETDETAIL2 to read all document related informations. This informations could be hand over to the mentioned function module. For further information on all BAPIs please see note <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/766277">766277</a>. This note contains a full information on all available DMS BAPIs.

Best regards,

Christoph

P.S.: Please reward points for usefull information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You for your reply.

Iam unable to set the path in DC20 tcode.

I think this function module is used to print the document with user interaction.

But Iwant to print the document in background mode.

Can you please give me the code to print the DMS document in background mode.

Iam using the SWUO_PRINT_DOCUMENT_API or CV150_PRINT_DOC function module to print the DMS document.

But it is showing the following error .

"Error while setting data in data provider object".

Can you please give me the reply as soon as posssible.

Thank You.

Answers (0)