cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to know how the option "RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING" is working..

Can i add a unix script in this. So that this will process before the file is executed in XI .

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish Sinha ,

Thanks for your quick responce and your valuable input...

I have asked one of our unix professional to work on this , I just need to know what should be the path for the unix file to store.

Here is the file structure for the perticular interface::::

<b> /INTERFACE/XI/ABC/</b>

<b> ====================error

====================processed

====================log

====================outbox

====================inbox

====================archive</b>

I got the file flat file from inbox and XI generates the output in the outbox.

Now Where should i put input unix script and output unix script files.

I have only two option under the tab::<b>RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING</b> or RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND AFTER MESSAGE PROCESING::

COMMAND LINE =

TIME OUT =

I will be highly oblidge for you valuable input.

Thanks a lot yaar....

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jay,

I guess you can put anywhere inside <b>/INTERFACE/XI/</b> but athe time you provide the pat it will be exactly matching as from where you are using the Shell Script and the file at the coressponding places. It shud be in XI. Thats it and u r done.

<b>Hope this will help you a lot. Don't forget to do it answered and reward points to all useful replies.</b>

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I provided the following things in the configuration:::

Source Directory = /INTERFACE/XI/AAA/inbox

I used the unix script in the RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING

which will pick the file from the /INTERFACE/XI/AAA/pre and will change few things in

the file and put the file in the /INTERFACE/XI/AAA/inbox from where again XI will pick

up the file and process it at runtime and generate the output file in the output folder

of XI.

In RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING, i have provided

Command Line = /export/home/anirban/replacesource %F %fTime out = 50

Checked for Terminate program After Timeout cehckbox.

But here it seems that the file is not picking up.

Any input from you side guys...

Thanks,

JAY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your quick responce....

I am using a file to file scenerio , So before the file processed in XI i need to changed few character in the file then need this to process, so for this i can write a unix script. again once the file is processed i want to replace those characters to the original characters , so for this also i have written a scritp..

Now i just want to know can i call a unix script before the file procees which can change the file feilds by the "" RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING""

and once the file is processed and before the output file generated can i again call another script to revert back it to some of the characters to the original one by the method..""RUN OPERATING SYSTEM COMMAND BEFORE MESSAGE PROCESING""..

I need you valuable input to move forward..

Please treat this as urgent ....

Thanks to You all once again.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I guess yes, you can do this thing using Unix scripting in File to File scenario.

You just post ur output file in some folder , lets <b>say /usr/sap/sapout/test/.</b>and the shell script in this path <b>/usr/sap/bin/convert.sh</b>.

Inside the File access parameters put target directory and filename scehme and for shell script give processing parameters as File construction mode , File type and OS Command and use a space after the shell script name and the %F.

And for input can use it directly.

Hope this will help you a bit, <b>Also try to look at the links provided to you, all ans contains in liks provided (by me)</b>

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through these links

<b>For Look and feel</b>

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

<b>For Conceptual knowledge</b>

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Regards,

Sarvesh

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out these links. First one will help you in acheiving want you want.

<b>/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please refer the below weblog:

Command line sample functions

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

yes you can add the unix script.

Thnx

Chirag Gohil