cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working as a ABAP Developer and I would like to know about XI. What skills I need to learn XI? Will my experience in ABAP helps me to learn XI? Do I need to learn J2EE? Experience in cross applications like ALE/IDOC AND RFC will help? Plase let me know as I want to move to new technology.

Thank you very much,

Shashikanth.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP is important for xi ABAP Proxies.

J2EE is also important for Java Proxies

But also for configuration and Installation.

In my opinion in J2EE Knowledge more important than ABAP.

for the XI Installation and Configuration Stuff.

But with ABAP you can also do a lot of nice Stuff

Also a little Basis Know How with Visual Admin, SDM etc. will be usefull.

IDOC and RFC is good to know when you want to use the IDOC or RFC Adapter.

Best Way to learn is, sit in front of XI and start to do something

Simple Scenarios like HTTP Adapter -> XI -> BAPI R/3 or something else.

Information you find at

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Good Luck and have Fun

Regards,

Robin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

please don´t place the same question in too many threats...

Have a look at your first threat now.

XI is a SAP communication tool, working like a central communication bridge to receive data from one application inside/outside your network sending them by defined rules to receiver applications in/outside your network.

XI is well implemented in R/3 world by using IDOC RFC and Proxy communication integrated in the ABAP world.

Additionally it offers some adapters in its own adapter engine to transform different data from HTTP, file, CDIX, mail adapter, JDBC, JMS, marketplace, RNIF.

Partners of SAP offer more adapter technology to be integrated into XI.

XI is able to transform messages from one of these types into another, using additional functionality to modify content of messages by defined rules where necessary.

XI consists of these parts:

- System landscape directory to define the sender and receiver parties (your environment for comm.

- Integration repository to define message interfaces

- Integration Directory to define communication between the partners from SLD (or inside landscape unknown third parties)

- Integration server as central message handling engine with ABAP and JAVA stack.

Follow the lionks in my first answer to get an overview about XI.

regards

Dirk