cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to see the deployed application on client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have deployed the generic sync application MDK_GENERICSYNC_SIMPLEJSP ( given in NWDS sp12) using SDM under NWA but I don't see the application link on the mi client.

How do i assign this mi application to a paricular user[s]...or what should i do next to upload the application to the client.?

When I run the application from the NWDS it says : '<b> 'MDK_genericsync_simpleJSP' is not registered; upload application to SAP Web Console '.</b>. I am using NWDS sp12 and MI Client sps13.

What could be the possible causes for this problem?

Can anybody help me solving this problem?

Thanks n regards,

Kapoorchand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajan_venkatachalam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kapoor,

You can refer to this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/46/de964bd6913c1de10000000a155369/frameset.htm">link</a> which explains the Assignment of Mobile Application to the user in NWA in detail.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem has been solved now.....

Actually the administrator was configured for Client 001 and I was using backend Client 800 for synchronization in MI Client setting...although I was able to sync the MI client with that the backend and able to get the device id....but the application was not able to be uploded to the mobile device.

I hope this will help others having same problem.

thanks to Oliver and Rajan for thier helpful suggestions...points awarded.

regards,

Kapoorchand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapoorchand,

this could have several reasons!

First, you said you have deployed the app - but have you assigned it to a user and to a device? The easiest way to do so is in NWA.

open http://<j2EE>:<port>/nwa and log on. Then go to the Mobile Infrastructure Administration. You should see a line called: DEVICE MAINTENANCE. Open that point, search for the device name you are using. You can see this name when loged on to MI client - at the bottom of the SETTINGS screen.

Ok, while you select the line for that device in NWA, at the bottom end of the screen you can see the details of the device like JVM, OS, Memory,.....

Select the MOBILE COMPONENTS tab. You should see the ADD/Remove Button there. Select this and a new window opens. In that window, search for the app AND ENTER THE USERNAME!!! The error if you have done anything wrong appears in the main window on the top line not in the new window. That is confusing sometimes!

Ok, select the app and press the button to assign it to the device. This moves the app from the left part of the new window to the right part. After this is done, press save. Then this new entry appears in the MOBILE COMPONENTS list. There you will find two lines now. First one is the runtime environment, second one is the APP.

Sync!

This should download the APP to the device now. Ok, if this is donw, restart MI client and the APP will be deployed. Sync again after log on to tell MI that everything was ok and then you can start using the App.

If this was already done - so sorry for the long explanation that you already have been aware off - check if there is an entry in the WEBAPPS folder of you MI installation for that app. If this is the case, you probably forgot to check the button: LINK TO MI HOMEPAGE as you deployed the app in the Mobile Archive Converter.

Hope this solves the issue!

Regards,

Oliver