cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard Background Jobs got cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed ECC6 , but all the standard house keeping jobs where canceled many times.

Today this jobs are running but it is running for long time more then 24 hrs when i checked the oracle session status is Active, still the job is active.

when i checked in sm50 Report SAPLSTLG is accessing TST01 table it contains 3,64,706 records, Report SAPLBTCH it is acessing TBTCO table

this table is having 5,42,972 records.

Since the records is more the jobs are taking time, can you please advise me what is the solution for this.

When ever this job is running for long time my system quality is showing 5 % low in st04. How to improve my system quality. Is there anyway i can tune the system. Please advise.

Regards,

Sudhakar Manoharan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

For the Oracle databases, one has to keep the size of the job tables TBTCO and TBTCP in control. Have you schduled the job SAP_REORG_JOBS daily as described in SAP Note 16083, in order to delete old entries from TBTCO and TBTCP. If you have already scheduled the job and it is getting cancelled, then one has to find reason behind it! Also have alook at SAP Note 942801, may be its helpful for you.

Regards,

Satyajit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Well you're not giving us enough info.... if your jobs are running more than 24h can be for a lot of different reasons... DB performance very poor, not enough bgd processes, indexes issues, etc, etc... check DB statistics at ST03N to see whats the response time, also check if the background jobs have a big delay before starting, make an SQL trace to see what step is taking so long when talking to the DB...

Regards

Juan