cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heterogeneous System copy of Solution Manager.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any body performed performed Heterogeneous system copy of solution manager ( with migration from Unix/Oracle--> Windows/SQL2005).

I am looking for documentation about migrating solution manager 4.0 , and current configration is mainly service desk, project documentation and connection to satilite systems.

thanks,

n

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Nic, Please visist service.sap.com/rkt and click solman version, and click technical.... You wi'll find step by step.

For Heterogeneous system copy: please visit service.sap.com/dswc>> my companies....>>> system copy.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Afi,

I have looked at that place. Instead of dswc i guess you meant swdc. I have been to system copy area in the mentioned bath. But, there is no data avalible in that page.

/rkt i have already seen been through all the documents there, most of there documents and sims there are useful for implementation and operation rather than system copy or non specific tasks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heterogeneous system copies need a certified migration consultant on-site, otherwise you will loose support (see http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration --> FAQ).

Apart from that, you can use the normal system copy guides (ABAP + Java) on http://service.sap.com/instguides (as already mentioned).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have read lot of your posting in sdn which are very meaningful and Considering your advice as expert advice and message on that link. I take your advice seriously and invstigate the criticality of implications and try to book a certified consultant.

I have done some investigation and I agree with you, but I wonder why SAP did not publish any documents for system copy of Solution Manager.

Thanks,

Nick.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Solution Manager is "just" a solution based on a combined ABAP + Java system, there's nothing "special" in it thus you can use the normal system copy guides.

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I do agree with your comment "Just" in the last reply as core business do not run on Solution Manager, but it is becoming more and more centric to Landscape support and maintenance tasks as well as different project life cycles.

There are may be some specific tasks uniqe to Solution Manager apart from routine system copy tasks from the standard Netweaver, for Eg: 1) restoring connection to logical systems 2) service desk issues and numbering etc.

Perhaps, some body people from CRM system support ( system copy experience) may throw some light on this ? May be you can suggest as well ?

Exporting and importing project ? ( Solar_Migration ?)

Regds,

N

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I know what you mean - but currently there's no standard solution for this problem, neither in the CRM area nor in SMD. If you want to copy a CRM system, the best practices guides always tell you, to also copy all affected/connected systems too - consistently. We're all aware, that this is not possible in all cases but if you want to get a consistent system you need to copy consistently.

You can make SolMan such a central for your implementation but you don't need to. Of course, if you do it, there should be ways of doing system copies in a nice manner but this is currently not in the focus of the development because all people @ SAP think, there is only "one SolMan" in the landscape. The whole development is focused on "one SolMan", otherwise you would have a chance to define different connections to various SolMan systems - this is not possible (technically as of now).

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI NIck,

Please take a look at this link. It'll be very helpfull for you>>https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?query=system+copy&cat=sdn_all

THanks,