cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous call for a RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I am working on an interface HTTP-XI-RFC synchronous.

The requirement is i need to send the multiple inputs for 5 different fields and the based on the serach with the RFC it should return all these 5 fields along with a field which says that all these fields matched correctly in the RFC.

When i tested the RFC it does not take multiple inputs for 5 fields and it returns the only field saying that these fields matched.

The RFC parameters contain the occurences as 0..1 only ,

As per my assumption if we change the occurences for the file request and response to 0..unbounded, it would give me runtime exception in message mapping.

In this case is it possible to use the RFC in such a way that i can send multiple inputs and the response contains all these fileds along with the status field.

I mean using the BPM or User Defined functions.

Thanks,

Pravin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

You can surely do that using BPM and looping for each request and getting back the response and then finally combining everything to send a single message. But if it is not a standard RFC, you can as well change the export/import parameters of that custom RFC to suite your requirements. That would be much simpler. How ever, looking from a tool perspective, XI can handle this requirement easily as well. You have an example from the flight booking scenarios provided by SAP which goes on the same lines.

Award if helpful,

Sarath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarath,

The RFC is a customized one and it is already in prodcution, is it advisable to ask for the changes as per our requirement?

thanks,

Pravin.