cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to document SAP XI elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

because we are nearly finished with developing XI-Objects and we are ready to transport objects, we also think on how to document all our work.

Are there any Guidelines on how to document? Does SAP provide us with these?

What do we nee to document in detail?

I already searched the forum, also the service-portal but maybe i am not able to search right!

Can somebody provide me with some infos on this issue?!

br Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

The documentation very much needed if the project size is big ....i am providing u with a link whihc very much helpful in this regard:

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/29/documentation-html-editor-in-xi

Reward with points if helpful

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will help you only for specific area as shown in the blog. But for end-to-end scenario you should have specific temlate to provide end-to-end information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because we first use SAP XI at clients side we have no documentation-template on company's side.

I will work this out, therefore i am asking if there are some Guidelines provided by SAP.

How to document in XI-Objects is not the question now! but thx!

br Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

I am not sure if sap has provided such guidelines for documentation. But based on my experience i have always used the template provided by the organization. Morever I have found different templates for different projects coz templates and respective guidlines are made upon discussion with client in the very initial staze of any porject.

So better if you ask to any of your friend who has done this, probabily he/she can help you in this reagrd by providing the respective templates & guidlines.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok but because i am the only one with knowledge of XI in my company it seems to me that you are one of my best friends now

Can u help?!

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry my dear friend.

I can not go against my organization's policy.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Documentation is a process and that differs organization to organization. Depending upon the level of you company like CMMI level your organization will be having certain processes and under which documentation is one process and for this your organization will provide cetain templates in which you will do the documentation.

I hope it will give some idea about documentation.

Regards,

Sarvesh