Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to schedule batch input sessions one after another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP release : SAP ECC6 (netweaver 2004s)

I'm a SAP Basis guy, and have been asked by our developers if it would be possible to submit and schedule Batch Input sessions that were previously created on SM35.

For instance there are three BI sessions : BI1, BI2, BI3

We tried to schedule one job with three steps in sm36, each of those step would call the program RSBDSSUB with the appropriate session. But unfortunatly, the main program finished almost immediatly triggering three distincts job that submit the three BI sessions simultaneously ...

Is there a way to schedule the three BI sessions one after anoter ?

Any helpful help woulb be highly appreciated.

BestRegards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can schudule the jobs one after another. Steps are as follows:

1. Each session in SM35 will have a unique Queue ID. Just note down the Queue ID of the sessions which you need to schedule.

2. Create Variants by giving the Queue ID of Step1 in Prg: RSBDCBTC_NEW.

3. In SM36, by using Job wizard, you can schedule your jobs based on your requirement viz., at specific date & time ,after successful completion of previous job .....

• You need to specify the Program: RSBDCBTC_NEW with appropriate Variant while creating the job.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Murugesh

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can view all the previous sessions in sm35 there are no issues regarding tht and u can.

If u r using rsbdcsub instead u can use BDC_insert such tht multiple tcodes can be used and use it as one job i guess that will be possible..

Regards,

Sana,

reward if helpful..

0 Kudos

Hello Misbah,

Thank you for answering.

Can you tell me more about the function module "BDC_insert" , how can I use it to

submit batch input sessions ? I thought you can only create BI sessions with it ?

The BI sessions are already created and have the status "new" in SM35.

I just want to submit them, automatically , one after another

Best Regards.

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can schudule the jobs one after another. Steps are as follows:

1. Each session in SM35 will have a unique Queue ID. Just note down the Queue ID of the sessions which you need to schedule.

2. Create Variants by giving the Queue ID of Step1 in Prg: RSBDCBTC_NEW.

3. In SM36, by using Job wizard, you can schedule your jobs based on your requirement viz., at specific date & time ,after successful completion of previous job .....

• You need to specify the Program: RSBDCBTC_NEW with appropriate Variant while creating the job.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards, Murugesh