cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation of line items in a sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guys,

Kindly confirm me whether I can make a single sales order with 500 line items or not ? Again if it no then how many line items can be taken in single sales order.

Thanks and regards,

Atul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227476
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear atul

I think the correct reply would be 999,999 because data type of item number POSNR is NUM 6, which means that it can hold upto value 999,999.

However, at the same time keep the following into consideration:

1. FI document has a restriction of 999 line items per document. So, depending on the account settings, there will be a lower limit. E.g. if each Sales order line item results in 2 line items in the accounting document, then the max. no. of SO line items is limited to 499.

2. If FI summarization is active, then the system summarizes the account postings, thus reducing the no. of FI line items. Hence, a SO can accomodate more than 999 line items. However, this means that certain line item level details will not be available to the Finance guys (which they may not like).

3. As the number of line items in a Sales order increases, the system performance suffers greatly. There are performance fixes available, but in general, it is painful to load a SO with large no. of line times through BDC's. 10 Sales orders with 100 lines each consume less system resources than 1 Sales order with 1000 lines.

rewards if it helps

siva

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check this link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can have 999 line items in an order.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can DIEN items of order related billing can be done in SAP ECC 6.0.

The cenario is first we will have to make quotation the sales order.

Kindly confirm,

Regards,

Atul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

u can refer the earlier thread....

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/forums

Regards,