cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Adaptive RFC - How to change Log. Sys. Names after Model Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using this logical system names for developing applications for the past 2 years. We have backend 2 different SAP systems. Recently, for the past 1 year or so we have started developing applications to address needs of a specific business against a single SAP system but using same logical name that we use for both backends instances and at url level specifying the extension of the alias to specify which JCOs to use.

Recently we have been seeing issues where it is trying to connect to the wrong SAP instance and displaying "500 internal server error" of "com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException:Type com.lii.wwhc.gen.weborder.model.types.Zvrfc_Wwhc_Pricing does not exist "

We reimported the model, restarted the server several times but nothing works.

Any help in troubleshooting and resolving this will be helpful.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BeGanz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hallo Sunitha,

In general "JCo destination mapping" via URL parameter should only be used when the backend systems are consistent regarding metadata (RFM parameters, ABAP DDic types, structures used); ideally consistent metadata means that they are really the same. It is not possible to run the same WD app / same ARFC model using different backend systems if they have different metadata for the RFC. So either

1. the R/3 backends should have the same metadata; in this case the error could e.g. be due to an incomplete transport (so that the type "Zvrfc_Wwhc_Pricing" is missing in the actual target system) or

2. the R/3 backends are not supposed to have the same metadata. While this is probably not the case this would mean you have to use different models and different destinations for the different versions of the RFC.

As most probably 1. is true I suggest you check

a) if metadata is consistent, esp if the mentioned type exists in both backends

b) if JCO destinations are configured properly

c) if the failing app really uses the correct JCO dest. mapping (i.e. URL params set correctly). You could e.g. check this (a little bit of effort) by removing all JCo destinations but the mapped ones.

Patric Ksinsik, Bertram Ganz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for answering this question.

This answers my originial suspicion regarding using same JCo connections with 2 different metadata system. Initially when we started developing common applications we just used common logical names for JCo but changed the alias based on the business. Later on, the work for one business with different SAP instance was suspended and the transport never got to staging.

To establish a process in my group and also to learn more about this, Is there any specific reason why the metadata has to be consistent across SAP systems even though we specify through url jco destination mapping the right SAP system name to connect to.

Thanks,

Sunitha.