cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End-To-End Monitoring configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

If I need to configure an end-to-end monitoring, how can I add business systems on configuration view in RWB.

Actually, I see only few Business systems on configuration tab in RWB and there's no such option to add a business system. My understanding is that we can't directly add BS in configuration tab but this list comes from SLD based on some criteria.

In that case I want to know why am not getting list of all Business systems and how can I manage the list to show Thirdy party (Non-SAP) systems as well.

Thanks & Best Regards

Prashant Rajani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Ypu have create the Busines system first in System land scape Directory (SLD)....and only then can able to see that in Configuration.................

Yes u cant add Business system diretly into cinfigurtaion..........

The purpose of SLD is that u have to create a Business system(BS) in that....so that the BS is avaliable for all the components of XI.

<b>Thrid Party systems</b>: Third-party systems are not automatically registered in the SAP System Landscape Directory. Therefore, you have to use this process to manually register them by defining their products and software components.

Process Flow

1. You maintain data about the software products that are installed in the third-party system.

2. You maintain data about the installed software components.

3. You configure a third-party technical system.

4. You configure a third-party business system.

Only then u can manage the list to show Third party systems as welll

Reward with Ponits if helpful

Regards

Sai Ganesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"You can select and configure SAP components only." Its a kind of pre-requisite. That's why u r unable to see 'Third Party Business Syatems' .

For more clarification you can read :-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/98/1ccbed8a233e4ca57d2b938e67c188/content.htm

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use end-to-end monitoring in the following cases:

- If you want to monitor message processing steps in a number of SAP components (to be configured).

- If you want to monitor the path of individual messages through these SAP components, from start to end.

The central tool for end-to-end monitoring is the Runtime Workbench, which you call from the SAP Exchange Infrastructure (XI) start page.

The Runtime Workbench receives the data for end-to-end monitoring from the Process Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI), which is an SAP monitoring tool for monitoring end-to-end technical processes involving multiple SAP components.

Prerequisites

- You have started the Runtime Workbench from the SAP Exchange Infrastructure start page.

- You have activated the HTTP services required for PMI by calling transaction SICF or program RSXMB_ACTIVATE_ICF_SERVICES.

If you want to run end-to-end monitoring, proceed as follows:

1. Select and configure the components that are relevant for monitoring.

All components involved must have the logon group PUBLIC.

2. Send the messages whose processing you want to monitor from start to end.

3. Choose End-to-End Monitoring on the initial screen of the Runtime Workbench.

4. If required, enter filter criteria for the sender and receiver. Defined selection filters can be saved and reused. Saved filters can also be deleted.

5. Choose Display.

Result

End-to-end monitoring has two views for displaying the data delivered from PMI for the individual processing steps (technical process steps) of the messages in the configured components:

- The process overview

The process overview displays the total number of processed messages and the number of messages with errors for each component involved. If the number of messages with errors is greater than zero, the status of the component changes from green to red.

The process overview is the initial screen of process monitoring and contains a graphical representation of the components involved in the process. You can open these components and display the process steps involved.

- The instance view

The instance view displays the path of a specific message through the components involved. Detailed data is available for each individual processing step in every instance.

The instance view contains a graphical representation of all components involved in the process. It displays the status for each of the components that the instance passes through. You can open the components to display a view of the process steps involved with the corresponding data.

If you choose Further Settings in the left screen area, a window appears containing further information and administrative options for PMI. For example, you can update the displayed monitoring data immediately. To do this, choose Start Now on the General tab page.

Reference from http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/82/9e8dfe9eadbd4b9194c433e646b84e/content.htm

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your inputs but I have already followed these steps and gone through the links as well.

I understand that we'll have to configure systems in SLD first and then only we would be able to select them in Configuration section but the issue is list of BS on configuration tab doesn't include Third party systems or any BS which is of type other than WebAS ABAP. I got to know of pre-requisite from SAP help that "You can select and configure SAP components only".

So, just want to confirm that whether we can't include Third party systems in purview of End-to-end monitoring? If we can, then please guide me thru the process for same.

Thanks & Regards

Prashant

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

This is why you are not getting the third party systems listing. There is no ways.

<b>Please refer this thread :

Refer this link for clarification...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/98/1ccbed8a233e4ca57d2b938e67c188/content.htm

regards

Aashish Sinha

<b>PS : reward points if helpful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot Aashish!!

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashant,

Before configuring end to end monitoring and according to your needs you have to go through following steps.

1. In SLD, Create New Technical System.

Choose one tech. system type from available list.You can choose third party system also. Follow the wizard and give descriptions.

2. Then create New Business System with reference to your tech system and installed components. choose required SWCV.

3. After completing this you will be able to see new components in RWB.

4. Now before configuring end-2-end configuration, first go to CONFIGURATION tab second next to end to end tab.

5. Configuration>>Display>>Choose your Business system

6.Now go to end-2-end configuration tab and fill required fields like service, interface,interface namespace for sender and receiver.

7. By completing all these steps now you are able to import the Business System in your Integration Directory.

Regards,

Mandeep Virk

*reward if helpful information*

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Prashant,

You can see the existing business systems at RWB. If you want to create a new Business system, You must go to the SLD, where you will find options like

Landscape

Technical systems

Landscape

Business systems

Software Catalog

Products

Software Components

Development

Name Reservation

At the First tab, you will be able to create and view the Technical as well as the Business systems.

Do these steps first, and then you will find your Business systems in RWB

Hope this may help you.

Cheers,

Vinod V

*Reward, if it helps you.