Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required info on tree structure.

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any body help me in displaying data in a tree structure in PDA.

We have a requirement where the data comes with parent & child relationship, each child may or may not be a parent and the tree may drill more than 10 levels.

when user clicks on the node all the subsequent childs need to be displayed and on the second click the tree need to be collapsed to that node level.(this should be similar to some of the data in sap ex: functional locations)

IS there a component in MI / MAM application to acheive the same else what is the possible way for this.

Your help will be well appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai.K. K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

well, the answer is unfortunally a NO in the first place.

MI is based on standard JSP and AWT functionality - up to Version 7.0 - and both runtime environments do not support that stuff on PDA.

If you run the APP on Lapop only, you could build something like that with Java Script in HTML or extend the functionality there with some Add ons externally available that can be filled by normal XML. But this is outside the usual MI scope, it depends on your creative level. WebDynpro on the other side supports you with a tree view as I remember, so this could be an option - but again, only on Laptop.

The question is: why do you not split the tree view to several pages? I have no idea about the amount of data you need to carry with you, just in the first place already. Usually tree view could mean a lot of data and this could end up in a long waiting time just to display the first page. Perhaps it is an option to show the actual level of the tree and if the user selects on item, then this item is added to the path (how has he got there) and the next level is displayed in the screen. Pretty much like the Windows Workplace, where every klick on a folder opens a new window with just the info of that window. Performance wise tis could perhaps be the better option.

Does this help?

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for you valuable inputs.

We finally decided to render the tree in 2 page format in JSP (depending upon your inputs).

How ever to start we are struggling in finding out the parent and child relationship between functional locations in BO 030 <B>can you help us in this </b>.

Once we find the relation ship fields and process we will write custom jsp which will trigger event for every click.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai K. K

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

We came to know that the field TPLMA is for superior FL which is carried for each FL.

We are trying to display the tree in two different frames of same page in JSP, but trying to use the taglibs in all possible ways.

Once again thank you for u r inputs, can you please reply to this such that i can award more points,.

Thanks & Regards,

Sai Krishna. K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I was on the plan yesterday....

Well, what do you mean with the relationship. You can have a deeper look into the data model, if you open page start.jsp. The url to this is:

http://localhoost:4444/<mamURL>/start.jsp

In there it is easy to find the related structure you are looking for - I think.

Hope this help!

Regards,

Oliver

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

no worries, as you said we found the relationship (parent & relationship) from the start.jsp as you said.

The only problem is displaying them in tree structure, we are trying to implement in all possible ways such that the performance of the application PDA is not hampered.

Thanks & regards,

Sai .K .K

Answers (0)