cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Integration Repository & Integration Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone clarify why Integration Repository & Integration Directory are separated as different parts as Design and Configuration respectively. Why they are not clubbed as one.

Regards,

Varun Reddy.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Why IR & ID are not clubbed ?

Good question .....all i can say is SAP must have thought of having a separate design and configuration instead of combining to avoid more confusion and it may be help full in future for any kind of updation .........its just my view .

Thanks & Regards,

Azeez khan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Good question. yes they could be clubbed but sap might have thought that it will be better and easy to have two different areas for designing and configuring the objects.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wld like to add my personal opinion to this.. not only for the easy maintanance, it is also for the best use of reusablity and transportation related issues.

Regards

varun_k
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya Lakshmi MV,

This is what i think, please correct me, if am wrong.

By Separating design time activities from configuration time activities, SAP can ship content for the Integration Repository, which each customer can implement for their specific landscape in the Integration Directory. As far as possible the goal is to reduce the problem of developing interfaces to the simpler task of configuring interfaces.