cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Models | Moving from DEV to QA to PROD

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far we've written two applications using WebDynpro. One is a view-only electronic patient record (EPR) application, the other allows people to make outpatient clinic appointments online (AOL).

The EPR uses models that are basically WSDLs; it talks directly with R/3. All three versions (DEV, QA and PROD) all talk to R/3 PROD since it's view-only.

AOL uses WSDLs imported from XI. AOL -does- send data into R/3, so unlike the EPR it does talk to DEV, QA or PROD, depending on where it's deployed. Deploying it to any of the three environments (DEV, QA, PROD) is a pain though because each model's endpoint has to be edited to talk to the respective XI machine (again, DEV, QA or PROD).

The question is, is there an easier way to tell a WebDynpro app which respective R/3 or XI system it should talk to? I feel rather uncomfortable editing the endpoints manually each time, since it's error-prone. There has to be a better way to do this, but I'm not familiar enough with WebDynpro or the SAP WAS to do so.

If anyone has a clue or solution, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Kars.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kars,

I think you have used webservice model that is deprecated with adaptive webservice model so I think that is useful for you.

Thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ninad, I'll take a look. You're right though, when we built the applications, we were using an NWDS that didn't support the adaptive web service model yet.

Thanks again,

Kars.

Answers (0)