cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Translation in scripts(english to portuguese)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how the translation process is followed in scripts?

For example, i have a script say xyz. i created it in english and now it shud be translated to portuguese.. For that, i selectexd the script in english and in the Language attributes secton, i selected "Translate into individual language" and then i selected "PT" which is for portuguese . Now the same script is inPortuguese wherein all the texts in tehs cript like the windows, theri descriptions and everything is in English only.

Am i following the right procedure? Or is there any other option?

Pl let me know what exactly the translation on teh whole means and what i shud do for translatng the whole script in english to portuguese?

Pl do the needful.

Regards,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

assign points

regards

Jaipal

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Tcode SE63, for language transalation.

Go through this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b4/54601d77f38e429ffad9e3e11c1b25/content.htm">example</a>

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sairam,

I ll go thru and get back... for further queries.

Regards,

Priya

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For SE76 -

Go to Transaction SE76 and mention the form name you to convert Sorce language will be DE by default so mention the language you want to change.Target lang option and change in the language you require and say change or create and activate.

Regards,

Amit

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead use SE76 or SE63.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks but amit can u let me know the process for se63 or se76? i have not used the transactions..

pl can u gimme a step by step process.. Note: this is for sapscripts...

i know how we can do for smartforms.. Pl help me...

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Inthe T-code SE76, I am trying to do it. But while entering the texts and everything, in the menu bar, under the Translation tab, there is a word called "Release". What will it do? Canu pl tell me whether this is related to any transport or waht?

Pl help.

Regards,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii priya

im not able to see in translation other than

create/change

display

find

exit

by the by which version ur working on

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jaipal,

The version is 6.0 but the same are visible there also.. I am asking about the Menu bar where in there is the first menu item Translate . In that there is a drop down wherein we have options check, release etc.. i just want to know the significance of " Release ".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to translate a sapscript, you should create a new version (for your new language) of the sapscript. Use transaction se71 to do that.

Insert the name of your sapscript and the id (PT) of the language, then push icon create.

So you'll have a PT version of your sapscript, but all text elements are still wroten in english: you have to change them.

Remember that technical parameters (as paragraph, size of windows...) can be changed only on version of the original language.

Regards,

Omkar.