cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in standard web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a standard web dynpro application . Is it possible to hide some fields in that application? I also want to add new values to drop down element.This drop down is populated through domain. What i should do to have my own values in that drop down element?

Regards,

Charumathi.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

I think <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c5/f4b9422e0fb911e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">WDA Enhancements</a> should answer your question.

Regards

<i><b>Raja Sekhar</b></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi charumathi......

i dont think that you can cusatomize a standard web dynpro application unless you have user access.

if in case you have the user access, then you can hide fields just like we do in our custom applications.

if you want to add some new values o teh drop down, then first read all the values of the node before the drop down is loaded.

append your own values into it and then pass it to the drop down.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex ,

I got only the URL of the standard WDA,How to trace the corresponding program for that URL?I want all related web dynpro components of this program.What is the property used for hiding the Input field.

Regards,

Charumathi.B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi charumathi......

the url at the last will be containing the application name... with that you can try to trace it out. you can hide it dynamically by writing a small code.

if you wnat ot hide an input field, go to its properties, there you have an option for visibility. either you can mention the visibility there itself or bind it to an attribute of type wdui_visibility. during runtime or in wddoinit. you can change the attribute so that it becomes invisible depending on the value.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

I think you should be able to determine the Web Dynpro Application name from the URL you have. Based on it you can explore the Web Dynpro Component Name from the table WDY_APPLICATION using the above explore Web Dynpro Application name. And above it, when it comes to hiding fields, I completely agree with Alex.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate if you could encourage our active replies by appropiate rewards.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charumathi Balachandran,

I think you can use the concept of Enhancements in WDA to change the Standard WDA's.

I think you can create a custom domain with your own set of values and attach it the context field.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

How the enhancement concepts is implemented in WDA?

Regards,

Charumathi.B