cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP HR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

I recently saw this thread in one of the ABAP forums pleading the moderators for having a separate section for ABAP HR.

This is not the first instance I have seen where Abapers stress that ABAP HR is different from ABAP but upon my quering as to the difference between both, I do not get a definitive answer.

Why is this so? What is the difference between ABAP and ABAP HR? Is this not a cardinal mistake that we are making?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rumhat,

I myself have asked this question and it is present in this Suggestions and Comments Forum itself.

What I understand from reading the previous threads and responses on this topic is:

- Requirement is not that much - meaning - when compared the number of HR-ABAP related questions with the over all number of questions, the % of HR-ABAP questions seems to be very less and is still believed that it can be managed by ABAP-General and HCM Forums.

- Demand is not that much - meaning - as of now, that many requests, by users, for a separate HR-ABAP forum are not there yet.

- One more new forum adds to the confusion of users and increases the job of moderators to keep the forums clean.

Even I am hoping that these get resolved soon and we might have a forum for HR-ABAP, but no promises...

Regards,

Eswar

PS: Gurus, please correct me if I am making any incorrect statements.

Edited by: eswar praveen on Mar 4, 2011 9:01 PM

Sorry - Did not notice that this is an old thread which got responses recently before posting my response

Former Member
0 Kudos

What difference will it make?! Everyone will still just post everything in ABAP-General.

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why assume things? If it happens queries will be posted to the relevent forums over the time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why assume things?

Because this is the current state of forums. A lot of messages are posted in inappropriate forums.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The main difference is the ABAP required for data retrieval and the structure of the database tables.

FI/MM etc tables tend to have a header/line item structure to represent a data object, whereas HR data has a set of tables each with a beginning and end date. HR data retrieval uses a type of logical database rather than the SELECT statement used in ERP.

There is a seperate training course for HR ABAP, whether this justifies a seperate forum I'm not sure.

Regards,

Nick