cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To populate dynamic dropdowns - Adobe - Webdynpro Java - on a click event .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi have a scenario where, I have to fill in a<b> dropdown dynamically</b> when I click a button. I get the values from a function module. I have done this using <b>Isimpletypemodifiablestep</b>. It worked. I donno whats the problem but its working only if I give the values during initialisation now.

Does this have anything to do with dynamic rendering or Dynamic Form properties. Please let me know if anyone has a solution. This Adobe is very inconsistent. Also I donot know how to debug this other than seeing traces which is hardly useful.

<b>Am using Adobe Live cycle designer 7.1 and NWDS 7.0.09<b></b></b>

Thanks,

Vasu

Edited by: Vasu Mullapudi on Dec 26, 2007 7:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please update the solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the solution. If anyone needs the solution, pl let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

My requirement is that I need to have an Adobe interactive form inside a Java WD. The form should have certain fields as a dropdown list and it should be filled with some values from SAP tables using RFCs. Can you please let me know how to go about doing this? Do you have any step by step documents for the same?

thanks,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

You cannot use the tables directly. However I used a complicated round about procedure to achieve this.

1. Create a Remote Enabled function modules with output as your table and a query in the source code.

2. Import this as an Adaptive RFC in NWDS.

3. Now that you got the model, connect it to a controller and View.

4. When you run the function module , you get the table as output.

5. Mapping to dropdowns.

There should be an event that triggers the execution of fn module. But Adobe support only 2 events that can be mapped ( check & submit).

Use a hidden text field in the form

a) So, Use code in Submit/check button click event and put it in the exit/change event of dropdowns.

app.eval("event.target.SAPCheckFields();");

In the same event assign a value to a hidden text field.

This makes whenever you click on a dropdown, the onCheck event triggers. Map a function to this and code according to the text value of the hidden textfield.

If you have any doubts, just let me know.

P.S. If anyone has a better way to do this, pl post here.

Thank you,

Vasu

Note - If you have problem with RAW data types, change them to varchar 32 in the dictionaries. Otherwise they are treated as binary format which cannot be displayed in views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Can you explain what you did after step 5 more clearly.

"a) So, Use code in Submit/check button click event and put it in the exit/change event of dropdowns.

app.eval("event.target.SAPCheckFields();");

In the same event assign a value to a hidden text field.

This makes whenever you click on a dropdown, the onCheck event triggers. Map a function to this and code according to the text value of the hidden textfield.

"

I use the check event and within the event handler I am executing the RFC enabled function module to fetch the values from backend tables.

But, I am not sure what code should I use in the exit/change event javascript of the dropdowns.

Kindly help me as I have to have this working in the next few hours.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya,

If you have just one drop-down, you need not do this. If you have more than one drop-down, to distinguish between the drop-downs, each one is identified by a hidden text or label.

In the exit event, if you write this - app.eval("event.target.SAPCheckFields();");

when you exit the drop-down, OnCheck Event is triggered and the function assigned to the check is executed

I think in your case, you can directly write in the init event. For assigning the values obtained from RFC to the drop-down, you should modify Simple types.

If you need any more help, please post your requirement clearly. I'll try to help

Thank you,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

Thank you for replying so promptly. My requirement is as enclosed.

1) I have a WD component with an embedded Adobe Form

2) I have an RFC Enabled FM (that fetches rates for the given period) created as a model in my WD.

3) The onCheck event executes this function module.

4) I have a period key drop down on the Adobe Form.

5) When the user chooses the period then the onCheck event is to be triggered and the rate values returned by the funciton module need to update 3 other TextFields on the form.

Can you please guide me as to how I can do this?

Thanks for all your help and support.

Many thanks,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

If I write this code - app.eval("event.target.SAPCheckFields();");

on the exit method of the dropdown it still does not invoke the Check method within the Webdynpro.

Am I missing something? How will know if it has triggered or not? Any way of debugging this?

All your help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Divya