Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to tranfer TR from one system to other

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have two systems in my landscape say ABC and XYZ

when a transport reqeust is released in ABC it should be copied to the transport directory of ABC and transport directory of XYZ

I request you to please let me knwo the steps for the same.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

For Automate the transport request :

a.Login to the Client : 000 of the TMS Domain ControllerSAP instance

b.then goto transaction STMS

c.On the Transport System Management screen, click Overview → Imports,Double-click on the queue for the SAP instance are in.

d.On the Import Queue screen, click the Refresh button. Click on the Import All Requests button.

e.On the Start Import popup, fill in the information for the job. Make sure "At Start Time" is on. Although Period appears grayed out, you can still change it to the periodic value you need. (I recommend every hour in DEV, 4 times a day in QAS, and once an evening in PRD).

f.Click on the green check mark to Continue.

h.Just leave the STMS transaction. If you ever need to change this job,you must do it via STMS and not SE37.

Reward points Welcome !

regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The procedure to copy a transport request is similar to the client copy program.

Go to System Administration:

Choose Tools --> Administration.

Choose Administration --> Client admin --> Special functions -- > Special functions.

A special feature allows you to select data from a specified command file. For example, this could be the file where you record your Customizing activities (see Transport in your Customizing maintenance menus).

You can also transfer tables in the Customizing client directly to another client.

Reward points if you are convinced

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont want to transport the reqeust form one system to another system

I wanted to design a seperate transport route, so that in future when TR are released in system ABC it iwill be moved to XYZ automatically

Please hlep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Just go to STMS make one system as domain controller and set a transport route between the two system.....when u will release any CR from one system it will automatically move to other.

<b>Reward Pts if find it useful.</b>

Thanks,

Prashant.