cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to do polling for Asynchronous scenario in BPM?

For example: In File adapter we have polling option, do we have the same type in BPM for asynchrnonous scenario?

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM design could use different adapters like file, jdbc, soap etc.

Now if u want that file polling as part of BPM, then BPM will poll the file. But technically, its the same file adapter which is doing actual polling.

An example would be collecting data from various files in BPM and u may forward tht file to any receiver.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

In my case, I have to use SOAP adapter.

My question is: Is it possible to do polling inside BPM, but not using adapters...

Regards

Sara

Message was edited by:

Sara D

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BPM itself could not poll. Bcoz BPE directly does not communicate with the external systems. It is through adapter that XI communicates with the external environment. So u may define some process in BPM e.g. receive step - but internally it will be communicating with a communication channel and adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sarah,

Like Prateek is suggesting, the BPM’s design coupled with the configuration will determine whether the scenario is sync or async.

A message could be sent via say HTTP directly to the BPM to initiate an async process

Alternatively, a sender adapter (eg file) could be used to poll a server for a message which would then initiate the BPM for an async process

Design is just that.

Configuration is what ties all this together via communication channels in real time

Do you have a specific requirement?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is whether we have polling option within BPM or not. I got the info from you ppl..

Thanks a lot.