cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM Interface Monitoring (BPM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

O.K I have setup successfully the BPM in SOLMAN for cancelled, delayed ..etc mintoring but interafce monitoring for IDOC's seems abit elusive.

For a standard IDOC monitoring (i.e. by message type and status), does anyone know the requried steps to implement as part of a BPM activity.

I know that BPM has an Interface step but need better understanding of the required steps for activate monitoring.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siniper,

I want to setuo BPM, but i don't how to do. Can you tell me how to setup BPM.

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Follow these steps as a guide:

To setup BPM you have to define:

(1) Business Process

(2) Steps

(3) Details business process

(4) Activate BPM

You setup 1-3 in Solution Landscape-->Solution Landscape maintenance. This setup is site specific.

I'm assuning your logical components have been setup in SMSY.

Final steps will be actvating BPM. Note if 1-3 haven't been done, you wont see the list in activate BPM for that particular process.

Also see "service.sap.com/bpm" for detailed instructions.

Hope this helps.

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco

I have some documentation on how to setup BPM if you still need some.

Send me your mail and I will forward them to you.

I recently set up BPM and used the documentation, it is quiete useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khuselwa

Thanks for your infomation.

Now I need your help setup BPM.

please send your documentation to my mail.

marco.songf@gmail.com

Thanks.

Now I have been setup qRFC and IDOC monitoring in the satellite system, but i can't find anything in solution manager setup business processing monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sniper,

Thanks for your help.

Can you help me Set up qRFC and IDOC Monitoring in the Satellite Systems through BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

fixed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can you please provide me the BPM setup documents as well?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

Why dont you use CCMS for monitoring your qRFC and IDOC in the Satellite Systems instead of BPM? It would be a lot easier.

Regards,

Saire

0 Kudos

A comprehensive documentation can be found under http://service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information > Setup Guide for Interface Monitoring.pdf

It contains information about IDoc, tRFC, qRFC, XI/PI, Batch Input, Workflow and File monitoring.

End of April we will ship further features and enhancements as mentioned in my recent blog http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17825. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Best Regards

Volker

0 Kudos

Hello Saire,

I assume you haven't looked into the interface monitoring features via Business Process Monitoring yet. Otherwise I don't understand your statement. The configuration of interface monitoring is easier and far more flexible in BPMon than via CCMS. As in BPMon you don't have to created customzing objects via BDMO or RZ21 and transprot them. E-Mail configuration can be easily done in BPMon as well without adjusting any auto-reaction methods.

Basically every customer who looked into the IDoc and qRFC monitoring in BPMon switched-off his standard CCMS monitoring for IDocs, qRFCs or tRFCs and uses BPMon ever since.

New features like checking even the IDoc content will be available as of April 2010 with BPMon as described in my recent blog /people/volker.vongloeden/blog/2010/02/15/new-key-figure-catalog-for-business-process-monitoring-available

Best Regards

Volker