cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Developer Studio Preference Setting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a SAP NWDS SP11 and I started to develop some web dynpro codes. After development, i found that from Windows->Preferences, there are no settings items for me to select to set. This is strange!!!

Anybody encountered this before.

Regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

1. Start your IDE in console mode (update shortcut executable from javaw to java). Check what is printed on console.

2. Also check .log file in IDE workspace -- probably errors are explained here.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Valery,

1. I have started my IDE in console mode. There was no error in the .log file.

2. When I select Windows->Preferences, I saw this error in the .log file

"Invalid preference page path : Generation"

Any idea what is this?

Strange???

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most strange thing is that in my IDE there is no top-level Generation element (there is WebDynpro->Generation)

Something really broken with your setup...

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there seems to be something wron with your metadata. You have a folder .metadata in your workspace?

I think it maybe the .plugins directory inside there that causes the problems. It contains all the settings for the different parts.

What you can try is to move one folder after the other out of this directory to try to find which is the wrong one. It should be regenerated automatically.

Be sure to backup everything before you do that. Whether you will be able to check in again after that, I'm not sure.

What you can always do, is to copy your source files from DTC directory then check out everything old from DTR and recopy everything back. Together with "Force Upload" you should be able to keep most parts.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Problem solved. Closed all the perspective and all the projects in the Web Dynpro Perspective. Close the NWDS and open it again and problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Good to know your problem was solved.

Sometimes solution can be so simple.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

had exactly the same. had to throw away my whole .metadata folder in my workspace folder and start eclipse up again. then a pain to configure everything again, but that did the trick

lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Even i had similar problem,my case is NWDS 2.0.12,if i see Windows->preferences i was getting only few options there was no JDI, Team etc..(but earlier all were existing), i uninstalled and installed many times no improvement, finally freshly installed NWDS 2.0.9 everthing is working fine.

May be your case also works, try unstalling present version NWDS 2.0.11 and install either NWDS 2.0.12 or NWDS 2.0.13/10/9 it may work

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

Thanks for your feedback.

What I am worry is that all my changes will be lost and I cannot check in to my JDI if I un-install and re-install again. Would this happen? Do hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Some problem with the IDE !!!

Please re-install the IDE

Regards, Anilkumar

Message was edited by: Anilkumar Vippagunta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

As I understand, when you click on Windows->Preference, you see a blank popup?

Is this correct?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

A popup screen appears but there are only 1 item -> Generation in the popup window.

I have check out some Web Dynpro from the JDI and make modifications. Now I cannot check in the modified changes. Would re-install the IDE cause any problem?

Do hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Reinstalling the IDE should not cause any problems.

But still since you have checked out activities, have to be double sure as it should result in loss of your changes.

Can you see the Developement Configuration Perspective? If yes what error does it gives when you try to check in changes?

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Yes, I went to my Developement Configuration Perspective and from the Open Activities, I cannot see any changes or lists. When I click on the Activation View and transport View tab, there is no listing too. 3 errors are as shown at the DTR Console window:

When click on the tab : Open Activities, error :

"There is no configuration found for com.tssap.dtr.client.eclipse.ui.treeBrowser.OpenActivity view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used."

When click on the tab : Activiation View, error :

"There is no configuration found for com.sap.ide.eclipse.cbs.activation.ui.views.InactiveActivityView view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used."

When click on the tab : Transport View, error :

"There is no configuration found for com.sap.cms.organizerUI.ui.TransportView view. Empty TreeInput provider will be used."

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I am not sure but it looks like there is a problem with your JDI configuration. Please check in the JDI documentation and SAP Notes.

Sorry cannot help more since I have no idea about JDI Configurations.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

What do you want to set in Window->Preferneces ??

If you want to set J2EE properties then go to Window->Preferneces then you can see SAP J2EE Settings.

Give Host and port information there.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anilkumar,

Yes, I want to set the SAP J2EE Settings.

But when I go to Window->Preferneces, i only see 1 item -> Generation.

There are no other items in the Preferences.

Mike