cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch Web Dynpro Application With Login UserID & Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a ESS Web Dynpro application that can be launch from the URL in my WAS 640. The URL is as follows :

http://w3bsep6dv1.techsemi.com.sg:56000/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ess~wiw/WhoIsWhoApplication

When I run the URL, it will prompt me for a UserID and Password. I entered the UserID and Password, and the Web Dynpro application shows up.

My question is if there is any way that I can bypass the login screen by having the login and password parameters on the URL.

I do hope anyone can help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i made a slight change to the DC to accept URL params...

also renamed the jco destinations to something other than SAP_R3_HumanResources so that we could set this to use the hardcoded "UserID / Password" method when setting up the Jco Destination. Because our SAP_R3_HumanResources was using the "Ticket" method.

so now we can call the URL like this...

http://servername/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/ess~wiw/WhoIsWhoApplication?fname=john*&lname=

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried changing the jco connections that the who's who application uses so that they use a hard coded userid and password instead of a ticket and I set the application property for authentication to false but I get the following error:

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: ComponentUsage(FPMConfigurationUsage): Active component must exist when getting interface controller. (Hint: Have you forgotten to create it with createComponent()? Should the lifecycle control of the component usage be "createOnDemand"?

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.ensureActiveComponent(ComponentUsage.java:773)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceControllerInternal(ComponentUsage.java:348)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.components.ComponentUsage.getInterfaceController(ComponentUsage.java:335)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalFPMComponent.wdGetFPMConfigurationUsageInterface(InternalFPMComponent.java:245)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent$FPM.changeToExceptionPerspective(FPMComponent.java:862)

... 41 more

Am I missing some setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I hope you have the source code of Who is Who Application.

In Netweaver Developer Studio, Click on the the dc ess~wiw -> WebDynpro -> Application -> Double click the WhoisWhoApplication.

Goto Application Properties tab, select sap.authentication -> RightClick and edit the value to false -> Save the Metadata of the dc -> Build the dc -> Deploy and Run.

This will then never ask for login.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

Is there any way that I can have this functionality work without touching the source code?

I do hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

You cannot directly avoid this authentication for this webdynpro application.

But, you can avoid this screen by implementing SSO for your application.

If you are running your web dynpro application from portal then configure WAS to accept portal SAP logon ticket, so when you have logged on portal server and then it won't ask for user information when you are running your webdynpro application.

Similarly, If you are running your webdynpro application directly in browser then you can integrate windows authentication with webdynpro application and webdynpro application can use windows logged on user for authentication.

But, for both ways you need extra confgurations.

Check Portal SSO and windows integration on help.sap.com.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shubham,

When i set the sap.authentication = false and rebuild and deploy and run. I got this error :

"Error Obtaining an JCo Connection".

Strange...any idea what is this?

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Without changing the application property its not possible unless you do things stated by Bhavik.

But I think you are not looking for implementing SSO.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

What we wanted was to have a ESS Who's Who web page link on our corporate intranet. Any user can do a search from the link without any user authentication.

Previously, this was an ITS application, PZ01 and we embedded the userid and password in the URL parameter so that it access R/3 directly without any authentication. We used a dummy userid and password in the URL parameter as shown :

http://w3br3001.techsemi.com.sg:9311/scripts/wgate/pz01/?client=311&language=en&accessibility=0&login=xl904419&~password=welcome

But with the new Web Dynpro ESS Who's Who application, we could not embed the userid and password on the URL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Please post the complete error message.

Regards,

Shubham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MIke,

Check your JCO connections working properly or not at following link:

http://<server host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcwdtools/Explorer

Here, go to maintain JCO connections.

And there test your jco connections.

If, Maintain JCO connection button is disabled then you have to configure your sld first.

For this, see at following link:

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

have you resolved your problem?

If yes then please close this tread.

Don't forget to award points if it was helpful.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

Hmm..no the problem is not solved. There is still no way to provide the userid and password in the web dynpro application. For this web dynpro application, ESS Who's Who, it require a employee login userid and password in the backend in order for the Web Dynpro to work. So that's why I need to embed this userid and password in the web dynpro so that it can auto login to the backend.

Do hope that anyone could help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Mike