cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicating Delta files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I have this scenario, where 10 records are imported from an XML Schema into MDM. Afterwards I add one more record (in the MDM repository, using MDM client) so I have 11 records now.

When I syndicate, I'd like to get only the Delta file, not all of the 11 records, but just the one that "has been changed". Is that possible under the Syndicator? if not, how can I tell which record must be updated, inserted or deleted in the data source?

Thanks

Regards

Alejandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have to set the table as qualified flat unless it is a relationship to your main table records. If you had the table as flat to begin with, leave it as flat. All you need to do is to set the key mapping to yes(click on your repository in the console, scroll down the list of tables on right pane, select your table, and set the key mapping to yes).

Key mapping can be set on any table type. I have a BLOG (/people/savitri.sharma/blog/2005/09/22/tips-and-hints-for-new-mdm-users

) where I explained key points around key mapping, and display fields in detail...

Setting key mapping to yes initializes the delta tracking in syndicator. So, now your suppressed unchanged results in syndication of delta records only.

Let me know if this does not work...

Good luck!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me clarify something: you run the syndication with suppress unchanged box checked, and it sent all 11 records. And then you execute the syndication again in a inute's gap, and you said it would still send all? Please try this and let me know.

I do not tink XML can be edited to register updates, deletes etc. But syndicator works. I did it several times, and here are the steps-

I logged onto syndicator, selected new frm file menu, gave the name, file type of XML, selected xsd, and OK.

Then, selected source table of choice in left pane box; since XML, I have destination items ready. SO, just do the item mapping; define the syndication properties- check suppress unchanged records option.

Hit execute, it asks for destination file name, give a name, your records are syndicated.

Now, execute the syndication again, and you already see that record detail shows all records grayed out meaning that none will be exported during second syndication.

Now I added a record to my table through client, hit F5 to refresh syndicator pane, and executed syndication. 1 record was exported.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

I don't know what I'm missing,... it keeps syndicating all of the records, not only the new ones. I do have the suppress unchanged records option checked....

any ideas? thanks

Alejandro

0 Kudos

Hello Alejandro,

Look at the table settings back in the console. This will only work if "Key Mapping" is set to "Yes" for the table.

Regards,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karl:

Thanks, so I should set the table as Qualified Flat right? does that make much of a difference? I was using plain flat tables

Thanks!!!

Alejandro

0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

It should not matter if the table is qualified flat, just the key mapping indicator.

Good Luck,

Karl

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's it! thanks, I didn't know about keymappings but I can delta syndicate now

Thanks

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, on the syndicator properties pane, check the suppressed unchanged option (click on it so that there is a tick mark in the box). Then execute the syndication. You will see taht 1 record was exported and 10 are suppressed as you wanted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot..

however, that was actually the first thing I did.... I do the syndication (with the checked option) and still, it exports them all.

I'm using MDM SP2, can't the XML be generated with some tag that I could use to know if the register was updated/deleted/inserted?

Thanks for your quick response