Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to derived roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you make changes to derived roles? I do understand that role which is based on a parent role is a derived role. but if I have to make changes to the derived role how can one do so?

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jack,

You have been here at SDN almost as long as I have, and you must have seen many posts about this and how to use the search functions, how to get information from help.sap.com, how to get information from the system itself and (if you have a valid SAP license) you can also access SAP Service Marketplace.

So why are you now asking this question?

Kind regards,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can find the info from www.sapsecurityonline.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI,

The stenght of parent roles and derived roles is that all the activities and not organizational values are the same for the parent role and the derived roles. Only the organizational fields values are different, so you only have to maintain the parent role. It is possible to change the derived role but you should not do so. Make a copy of the parent role and use that with the changes you have to make.

Have fun

Jan van Roest