Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible solutions to Mulitiple Roles/Activites -Open thouht

Former Member
0 Kudos

Background:

1.In corporations where the end user comes in in three differnent shifts will need to execute SAME activites.

2.Here the Posistion remains the same, activites remain the same , role remains the same.

3. What is differnent is the end user and the time.

Given this sceanarion, how do we define the access credentials ? By end user or by the posistion ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

If anyone wants to contribute, please .

This thread here is locked.

<b>Update</b>: This thread is now unlocked again.

Apologies to George,

Julius

0 Kudos

Apologies Accepted. It takes courage to apologize !

0 Kudos

Hello George,

It takes courage to field a snappy comment and accept an apology for it as well, thank you!

(I won't comment on the courage it takes to ask the question in the other thread

Making correct judgement calls is more difficult than clicking on the "lock" button. We all make mistakes

Getting back to the technical stuff: Regarding reference users (mentioned in the other thread), you should be carefull of auditability aspects with them as well. Assigning authorizations to a user indirectly via another user (as opposed to assigning a user to a role) also weakens the audit trails (at least it did the last time I checked).

Also see SAP note 513694 (regardless of whether you use the concept or not).

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

Apologies again, this time to Wolfgang. Change documents for auditing are created by SU01.

I think I'll sit on the bench for a while now

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been in this discussion often with a large number of different clients and they initially all had different argument but all ended with the following.

Most probably reasons for wanting to share one account between users is the license fee costs, if that is so, than remember that you are in violation of the license if you do not give every user a separate account.

Back to the way the questions was compiled:

When assigning roles via position : It is possible to assign multiple people/users to the same position, so that is no reason to share accounts.

When doing that you will assure that they all will have the same roles assigned.

If however you want to assign roles directly to users you will need to have a tool outside of SAP to keep you updated of changes to a single user of the group that should not have happened or should be applied to all. We used an MSAccess database for that. Download tables AGR_Users and compare the users.

hope this helps?