cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-axis constant time

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating a line graph. I am plotting based upon date/time. I'd like to use a constant date across the x-axis. IE 8:00, 8:15, 8:30. Within the constant value there could be many points or no points. For example there could be a point at 8:01, 8:02, 8:05 and then a point at 8:35. Along the x-axis the label should remain constant at 8:00, 8:15...

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michelle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Ticks per label isn't helping when the label is the date/time. The date/time stamp may not have the 8:15 time or the 8:30 time.

I tried creating another field with the constant time, and then used that field as my label. Then I linked the data together via the datalink field. That didn't work.

I'm relatively new at this, so I could have misunderstood your answer.

Thank you,

Michelle

0 Kudos

Michelle,

Actually it was me who misunderstood your question, after re-reading it I think I see what you're trying to do. Any reason why you want this? Seems like it could be misleading to the actual point's recorded value timestamp. The chart will only display what's in the XML dataset based on how the columns are mapped. So to get an interpolated timestamp will not work unless you make an interpolated timestamp column and set that as the axis value.

Hope that helps to explain a bit clearer.

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I understand. I'll now try to explain it to the business user.

There just isn't a good way to map the points 8:15, 8:30... And have the actual data fall between the the time stamp.

Michelle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam/Michelle:

Make sure the column is an actual "date/time" column, not just a string representing a time. If it is, you can use BLS to turn it into a real "date/time" column, and use the X axis label formatting to suppress the display of the "date" part.

0 Kudos

Try adjusting the ticks per label value in the chart.

Sam