cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy a WAR onto the NW AS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a WAR which runs quite well under Tomcat. I want now to deploy it onto the SAP NW AS. With which tool can I do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The easiest way is to create an ear file in the NWDS encapsulating the WAR file and deploying the ear in the J2EE Server.

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this the easiest way or the only way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Thomas,

It is actually the only way. You cannot deploy a WAR file as it is on the WAS. You need to import the files into NWDS, and create a new WAR out of it, then an EAR archive and then deploy it.

The reason for the new archives is that the NWDS adds new descriptors specific to the Web Application Server.

Here is how you can do it. Unzip the WAR into a temporary folder somewhere. Then in NWDS, you create a project of type Web Module and import your contents into the webContent folder of your NWDS project.

Now create a project of type Enterprise Module and add a reference to the Web Module Project. If the reference has been set correctly, you should be able to see module reference unter the tab "modules" in your application.xml (Enterprise Project). After that, right click on the Enterprise Project and click "Build Application Archive" and the EAR file will be built. Just right click on the EAR file to deploy it on the server.

In case you do not have administrator rights for deployment, you can send the new EAR file to the concerned Administrator.

Bye,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I find the related info from:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/d7/24503e0fbfc04ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Message was edited by:

Thomas Roland

Answers (0)