cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CX_SY_MESSAGE_ILLEGAL _TEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Im an Abapper and im getting the below message in my report(se38)RUNTIME ERROR....my technical guys says it should be resolved by Basis Consultant....

CX_SY_MESSAGE_ILLEGAL _TEXT

Run time Error.

The Exception 'CX_SY_MESSAGE_ILLEGAL _TEXT ' was raised but it was not caught anywhere along the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situation and this error was not adequately responded to, the running ABAP program 'CL_MESSAGE_HELPER========CP' HAS TO BE TERMINATED.

Error Analysis.

AN exception occured that is expalined in detail below.

The exception which is assigned to class ''CX_SY_MESSAGE_ILLEGAL _TEXT ' was not caught in procedure "ACTION" (FORM)", nor was it propogated by raising clause.Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated that the exception would occur,the curent program is terminated.

The reason for the exception is:

the text parameter in MESSAGE cannot be an initial reference.

Trigger location of exception

Program:'CL_MESSAGE_HELPER========CP'

include:''CL_MESSAGE_HELPER========CM003

Row 3

Method type: method

Module name:SET_MSG_VARS_FOR_IF_T100_MSG.

SOURCODE:

IF TEXT IS INITIAL.

>>>>>>>>>RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE..

Hope it;s enought for ur reference...

What's this and how to resolve it???

Pls post ur comments and do the needful at the earliest.

thanks & regards

sankar.

Message was edited by: sankar

sankar babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Sankar,

What basis release you are using? Check SAP Note 1098603 talks about the same errors when you create implicit enhancement.

here is the link for the above SAP Note:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bc_dwb/~form/handler">SAP Note 1098603</a>

Hope this helps

Regards,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyajit,

thanks for ur prompt reply...right now im not able to access my system and tomorrow also...may be i think...could u pls elaborate me...what should i do after i get this note......

regards

sankar.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done