cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter Bespoke Module Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been following the How To ... Create Modules for the J2EE Adapter Engine to create a bespoke module for the Sender File Adapter.

Initially all the module does is write a message to the Augit Log. The module has been deployed to XI successfully. When I add the module to the sender file adapter the adapter is green in the adapter monitor but I get the following message in the message monitor ....

"Attempt to process file failed with Path to object does not exist at com.kk.FileAdapter, the whole lookup name is localejbs/sap.com/com.kk.FileAdapter/WriteToLog."

com.kk.FileAdapter is the package. All of the required files have been built as per the How To pdf.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

The module name should be of following format

localejbs/provider name/EAR name/ejb-name

1. Provider name : sap.com

2. go to application.xml of EAR project and get the display name for EAR name

3. ejb-name : go to ejb module and ejb-jar.xml and get the ejb-name.

you can also usr JNDI name instead of fully qualified name. e.g it should be localejbs/JNDI name.

How to Pdf explains how to give JNDI name.

Regards,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the quick response.

Using the fully qualified name I get the following error in the adapter monitor.

"Last message processing started 18:32:11 2005-09-19, Error: Module Exception 'com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorException' found, cause: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at BANKSenderFileAdapterEAP, the whole lookup name is localejbs/sap.com/BANKSenderFileAdapterEAP/WriteToLog."

If is use the JNDI name I do not get an error in the Adapter Monitor but get the following error in the Message Monitor.

"Attempt to process file failed with Path to object does not exist at BANKSenderFileAdapterEAP, the whole lookup name is localejbs/sap.com/BANKSenderFileAdapterEAP/WriteToLog."

The rest of the message seems to be successful, only the run of the module.

Any ideas??

Many thanks

Gary

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you want to write a log entry, the correct library reference has be be declared, but the library itself must not be part of the EAR file. Check this please.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting exactly the same error message. I have tried several different JNDI/Module names, but that does not seem to help.

Sender Adapter v2023 for Party 'Module_Test', Service 'Module_Test_Service':

Configured at 13:39:36 2005-11-07

Last message processing started 13:39:36 2005-11-07, Error: Module Exception 'com.sap.aii.af.mp.processor.ModuleProcessorException' found, cause: com.sap.engine.services.jndi.persistent.exceptions.NameNotFoundException: Path to object does not exist at XIAdapterModuleEar, the whole lookup name is localejbs/sap.com/XIAdapterModuleEar/CreateAttachment.

last retry interval started 13:39:36 2005-11-07

length 10,000 secs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem. First, when you deploy using the visual administrator you should not get any errors (all references to other libraries/services should be valid). For the nullpointer exception, just leave the method empty in the beginning.

Answers (0)