cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference xMAM and xMAM for Utilities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I downloaded the latest Version of xMAM3.0 for Utilities (SR 1 Hotfix 01) from SWDC . Then I deployed the XMAU.sda file on the server and then on the client. However, I found out that the user interface doesn't look like the one from the xMAM3.0 and the whole mam functionality is missing. Does xMAM for Utilities incorporate the functionality of both MAU and MAM? What is the difference between xMAM and xMAM for utilities?

Is there any other SDA-file I need to deploy? (I didn't find any in the downloaded package).

Thanks for you support and best regards

Reinhard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reinhard,

MAU is MAM extended for utilities industry. It is built on top of MAM, includes all MAM functionality and provides some extra, utilities specific, features, for example, connect/disconnect orders, meter readings, etc..

The difference is backend you need: MAM's backend is standard R/3 backend while MAU requires Utilities industry backend.

MAM3.0 has two different versions: laptop/PDA. As far as I know at the moment MAU only built based on PDA version. That is why if you compare MAM3.0 laptop and MAU (PDA by default) you might think that these are different applications. They are not, functionlaity between PDA and laptop versions are completely the same, they share DB, business logic layers, only UI is different.

MAU build should include everything you need, you do NOT have to deploy MAM and then MAU.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Answers (0)