cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with deployment [credentials error] in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Suddenly I was not able to deploy anymore.

I am using SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio, Version: 7.0.11, Build id: 200702010238.

For deployment I log with user SDM and some password. The Visual Admin wanted to change the Administrator's password and since then I am not able to deploy my project in Web Dynpro.

I am a little confused actually how changing Administrator's password and not changing SDM's password would lead to such an issue.

I will highly appreciate if somebody could give me a clue about a solution!

-

Error details -

Dec 11, 2007 1:28:58 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : sofD60161589A

SDM port : 53018

URL to deploy : file:/D:/temp/temp51933ToolAddProject.ear

Result

=> deployment aborted : file:/D:/temp/temp51933ToolAddProject.ear

Aborted: development component 'ToolAddProject'/'local'/'LOKAL'/'0.2007.12.11.13.28.41'/'0':

Cannot login to the SAP J2EE Engine using user and password as provided in the Filesystem Secure Store. Enter valid login information in the Filesystem Secure Store using the SAP J2EE Engine Config Tool. For more information, see SAP note 701654.

com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.DeployManagerAuthExceptionWrapper: Wrong security credentials detected while trying to obtain connection to the J2EE Engine.

(message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.checkLoginCredentials.DMAUTHEXC)

Deployment exception : The deployment of at least one item aborted

-

P.S. Please don't reply me with "search the forum..." and don't redirect me to some links. I did it already and it doesn't help. So, please if somebody knows the solution and wants to help - just to do it.

Best regards,

Ogniana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ognyana,

Do the following Steps,

Use the Config Tool to change the entry in secure storage as follows:

1. Start the Config Tool.

(Execute <SAPj2eeEngine_install_dir> \configtool\configtool.bat.)

2. Select the secure store node.

The configuration for the secure storage in the file system appears.

3. Select the admin/password/<SID> entry.

4. Enter the administrator user's new password in the "Value" field and choose "Add".

5. Choose "File" --> "Apply" to save the data.

Note: Contrary to the message that appears, you do not need to restart the server or cluster for this change to take effect.

6. Finally restart SDM server.

Then deploy.

Refer SAP note 701654

Regards,

Mithu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you very much but even though I did all you said - it didn't work

Regards,

Ogniana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

again in a sudden it did work. Thanks to all of you!

Have a nice day!

Ogniana

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you changed the administrator password you need to update it in the 'secure store'.

Open config tool, go to:

secure store -> update 'admin/password/<SID> field, enter the new password and restart the J2EE.

This is all explained in note 701654.

Regards,

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried to reset the password in the Config Tool as written in the console?

You can find the config tool under:

<Drive>:\usr\sap\<InstanceName>\JC<instance>\j2ee\configtool

Regards,

Dennis