cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file-to-file scenario, however for some reason the ftp has been disabled from R/3 and I can't use ftp to poll a file from R/3. Is there way of bypassing FTP to pol a file from XI to R/3?

Thanks,

Tshepiso.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said that you have a file-to-file scenario and you are picking the file from R/3 (bit confusing for me, probabily extarcting the data from R/3 ???) using FTP and now your FTP has be disabled.

If extracting the data from R/3 and then sending to XI then use oubound proxy or RFC.

<b><Is there way of bypassing FTP to pol a file from XI to R/3?></b>

So in this case you can make the shared directory in R/3 which will be available in XI too. (You have to take a help from your basis person). Now use <b>NFS mode</b> to pick the file from this directory.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am dealing with an Interface where the Data(text) needs to be transferred from SAP to Third party sytem in the same (text) format.

I have used Proxy(XI adapter) at one end and File Adapter at the other end.

The data is being sent but the structure is getting tranformed.

i.e. the output cannot read the new line and the data is coming as a single line.

Please advise how to get the output data same as the input.

No mapping is being used here.

Edited by: Sampada Atri on Jan 3, 2008 11:59 AM

Edited by: Sampada Atri on Jan 4, 2008 5:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tshepiso,

I don't think there is any other way to get the contents of a file whose FTP is disabled. Better you prefer other scenarios, to fulfill your needs.

Cheers

Vinod V

*[Reward, if found helpful]

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ur question is not clear. U said its a file to file scenario. Then wht is the role of R3. Do u have an FTP Server on R3?

<i>

Is there way of bypassing FTP to pol a file from XI to R/3?</i>

If u want to fetch the data from tables of R3, then it would be better to use RFC, IDoc or Abap Proxy.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Yes there is FTP on R3, it's been disabled for some reasons.

A file is saved on R3 application server and I have to pass the file to the 3rd party sytem through XI. I'm using a file adapter to poll the file from R/3 which uses FTP protocol and now the issue is FTP has been disabled in R/3 and I can't FTP from XI to R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tshepiso,

you can;t use file adapter to pick file from R3 application server if FTP is disable there. Without you can pick data from XI server only. If there is no where where you can enable the FTP , then you have to think of workaround.

welll probably when workaround could be to develop a abap report to read the file from R3 application server and place is on XI server. From XI server, you file adapter can read the file. You have to schedule the abap report that you can continuously check the presence of file on R3 server.

Ranjeet Singh.

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

by your sentence "ftp has been disabled", I assume you have unix servers in your landscape, right?

You could always ask the network admins to mount the folder where the files are saved in R/3 server into your XI server (similar to window's sharing capability) . Then, you'll be able to access this folder from XI server and use normal file system protocol (not ftp).

Regards,

Henrique.