cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications abt RFC 2 JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a requirement like whenever the records are updated in R/3 database, I should select those records and post it to Oracle database. For this should I use only RFC adapter as sender or is there any other way to use it. If I am using a RFC sender, what will be my sender structure(Is that the response structure) and will there be any request that I need to send to this RFC to get the response back and map that to Oracle DB.

In this case I need to use two mapping:

1. For ex, a file req to RFC req

2. Then RFC response is mapped to JDBC structure.

<b>But I want to take only the response structure and map directly to Oracle. I will not be providing any request to this RFC.</b>

Please suggest how to proceed.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case:

-Map the File request to RFC Request

- Map the RFC response to JDBC Response

You have to do this to read the data from the RFC and then insert it to DB.

FileReceiver-SynchSendToRFC-SendDB

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to schedule this file request to be generated on a daily basis. For example, it should pick only the unread records from the last run and update the JDBC. How i can schedule that in a file request.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are planing to use BPM for this?

Also for scheduling..its good that what ever no. of files File Adapter read put it into the diff directory(archive it) so it will not read that file in the next poll of interval.

Adapter scheduling can be possible...see this blog posted by Sabrish

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/26/adapter-scheduling--hail-sp-19-

Thanks

Farooq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we can go in for BPM. But problem is that the file request which we are sending has two parameters like From date and to date. How are these dates going to be changed in daily basis without any intervention and how is that file going to be placed in a particular FTP server after changing the date everyday.

For Ex, This from date will be <yesterday's date> and to date will <today's date>. This has to autmatically change in the file request sent to RFC.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Any clues...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ur scenario can be designed using bpm. u can provide request to rfc from a file and the response will be routed to the database.

see this:

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

as here the response is sent to a file u can replace this with ur jdbc system using receiver jdbc adapter

[reward if helpful]

regards,

latika.