cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are trying to send an XML file to an external web service which we believe to be written in .NET

We had been getting error msg "Delivery Exception java.io.IOException : invalid content type for SOAP TEXT/HTML"

Trying to use a message transform bean on the receiver comms channel is now giving error msg "Adapter.HTTP.Exception HTTP 400 Bad Request"

Could you please gimme the reason for this? and do help me in resolving the issue.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika

if you are sending the SOAP request then you have to send the request in a SOAP envelope you can't directly send the XML.

To send SOAP request either you can use XML SPY tool or create a web application that send the payload as a SOAP request.

Thanks

Rinku

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is File to SOAP. My webservice is at the reciever end. For SOAP adapter Is it not possible to process the XML message.

Please do help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

I guess the Receiver SOAP adapter is not able to get the proper format of message from XI.

Will you please check the communication channel monitoring under Adapter Engine in Component Monitoring, and observe the message sequence there.

Regards

Krishna.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi radhika,

All adapters in XI supports XML messages.

if your SOAP Adapter is not working, First Check your Adapter in the Adapter engine, whether it is working or not ?

check the runtime workbench and tell what error you exactly facing ?

thanks

nikhil bos

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I were you I would check if the webservice works fine using e.g XMLSpy or other tool that is able to generate SAOP request. Just generate SAOP request based on WSDL you got.

Regards,

Jakub

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Are you sure, the type of the data that you sent and the type that the web service expects are similar in nature? Did you try the same on any test programs?

I think, the prob is there..

Check this out.

Cheers,

Vinod V

• Reward, if its helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked Communication monitoring in adapter monitoring of RWB.

When I checked the status of SOAP adapter all are showing " Channel started but inactive". It is not only particular to the communicational Iam using but also in other CC. SOAP adapet itself is showing yellow msg. Would there be any problem with SOAP adapter itself??

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not problem with SOAP cc. It is yellow since it is not used at this time.

Regards,

Jakub