cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting Blueprint Document in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are finalizing our blueprint document. It is approximately 1500 pages. What formatting do we need to use in our documents that SolMan expects to see in order to pick up an item for the TOC? Can SAP suggest a style change that we can create to allow us to integrate with the Blueprint processing?

How do we integrate our multiple documents (func specs, BSD, BPDs) with the SolMan TOC. If we process as volumes and then combine the docs to get an integrated TOC, what will happen?

We lose formatting when running the complete document. We only have word docs in there. All visio have been copied into word.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Holli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holli,

<i>What formatting do we need to use in our documents that SolMan expects to see in order to pick up an item for the TOC? Can SAP suggest a style change that we can create to allow us to integrate with the Blueprint processing?</i>

You can just delete the SAP TOC and create a new one. When you create the new one you can specify what styles you want included in your TOC. This is basic Word TOC functionality.

<i>How do we integrate our multiple documents (func specs, BSD, BPDs) with the SolMan TOC. If we process as volumes and then combine the docs to get an integrated TOC, what will happen?</i>

I'm not sure what you mean by how do you integrate multiple documents with the SolMan TOC. Can you clarify this?

<i>We lose formatting when running the complete document. We only have word docs in there. All visio have been copied into word.</i>

What type of formatting are you losing?

Honestly, I've found that the Blueprint Generators benefits are not worth the headaches. The table of contents always comes out looking horrible and the SAP header numbering clashes with the original documents' header numbering, which makes the final document look unprofessional.

I've created macros in the past that cleanup a generated Blueprint document, but I don't think it's worth the hassle. Not to mention you have to have some very basic templates in place before you start creating your documentation. Going back and redoing your documents to make them play nicely with the generator is too time consuming.

What is your goal with using the Generator and is it really necessary?

regards,

Jason