cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IB does not start after repairing the windows 2003

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I am trying to trouble shoot this problem for the last one week. Have no clue.

Every thing was working fine till i messed up my OS. I repaired my OS(windows 2003).

I am able to start XI. but when I tried to start IB. the bowser displays "page cannot be diplayed". I pinged my host which is in the url. there is no problem. I made sure proxy is not set in the web start. I see one thing though. My cache folder in the webstart is empty. how do I put the application jars in there? Was that the problem?

I really appreciate any response...coz i am babging my head on this for a week..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Which URL you are using to access the IB?

Did you made any changes to JRE/JDK?

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to access

http://<host>:50000/rep/start/index.jsp......basically sxmb_ifr

I did not make changes to the JDK/JRE....

but i repaired the OS"(windows 2003). That might have changed the registry....and you now a days jre writes into windows registry (god knows why they do that).

I tried to put in host in hosts file of windows...did not help that makes sense as i do not have domain prefix or suffix.

I even tried intalling Firefox ...did not help....my hunch its something to do with the JRE. JRE might have written something into my user folder which was erased after os repair...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any takes on this problem....I dont even get the login page when opening IB.

Help really appreciated....

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the following things

1. i hope your Host file is updated with the entry of the server name and the respective IP, check these are proper or not.

2. reinstall the JDK with the version in the 1.4 series.....

if these two things are fine then it should open the IB....

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i hope you are facing this problem only at the client end right?

check these points

1. Make sure the IPaddress and the server name are proper in the host file of your local system.

2. reinstal the JDK with the version from 1.4

this should open the IB, provided if this probelm is from the client end not in the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nisar,

Thanks much for the reply. I tried both the things....it did not work. I was wondering if there is another way looking at the logs if it is hitting the XI server. I doubt if it is hitting the xi server.....

I pinged the server ...it is good.

BTW I am accessing the server in the same boz aka client and server are in the same box....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have one more question....

Once I login to the XI server ABAP Stack, I click on the status from the menu I get the system information. There is a more button on the button. If I click that, I can see the IP address assigned to the server. It keeps changing depending on the my network adaptors that are enabled.

Right now I have a loopback adaptor and my network card. It always assigns the ip address of the loop back adaptor to the XI server.

Is it something I need to be concerned about?

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your Xi server is in the samenetwork landscape or iit is in another networklandscape.

If it is in the different landscape then that problem is with the Ports or with filrewalls.

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

Can you please explain …”being in same network landscape”.

I have XI in 2003 server and I am trying to access from the same server. I mean I logged into XI in the same box. Not from a a different box in the network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Have you checked whether your J2EE engine is running or not?

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys this what I found after trouble shooting till 2 am in the morning......

my j2ee engine is fine....

I tried to connect to visual administrator....could not login ...was giving connection could not be established....error...

went to config batch tool...found that p4 port 50004 is good....

then tried to see if I could refresh the chache in xi (sxi_cache)...could not http fail...

went to t/c sm59....and checked if my http connection is good....no the t2est failed....

so that's where the problem is.....this might result of something else wrong..but found some reason....

now i will have to see why this INTEGRATION_DIRECtORY_HMI connection is not working...

any takes guys?....

i want to troubleshoot from the fact that...i was all working fine .....until i repaired my 2003 server on which XI is running...

The only changes i would think is ...ip addresses reconfiguration....and i reinstalled the same version (1.4.2_06) jre on this machine......

Also i had to re install vmware...

Thanks a bunch in advance....

T