cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to call javascript function from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are struck-up with javascript function call from webdynpro. We have a .js file which is used for calendar. On webdynpro, on click of the button, i need to show that calendar/javascript method which allows to show the calendar.

<b>Could anyone let me know how to call the javascript method from the button click of the webdynpro's. We are forced to use only WebDypro, not par's.</b>

Thanks & Regards,

Raghavendra P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jcvidaller
Participant
0 Kudos

Roberto,

Could you explain us how to use javascript in a Web Dynpro application?

Thanks in advance...

jc!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't. See my previous answer.

Armin

jcvidaller
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, Armin, I readed your answer, but Robert sais he knows a way to call a javascript in a Web Dynpro application.

I only need to call the script "javascript:print();" because we can't use adobe forms and we want the user could print easily a Web Dynpro View. I've tried to call this script using a url component, but it doesn't work.

jc!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Juan,

See the post

Regards

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have no luck with this, because in newer Web Dynpro versions there is a URL checker that discards all URLs containing Javascript calls.

See

Can't you use NW Portal functionality for printing?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its really a very sad to hear, that javascript feature is not available in the webdynpros.

Thanks both...

Regards,

Raghavendra P

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can't call Javascript from Web Dynpro, because it is not part of Web Dynpro's programming model.

For calendar functionality use a date picker (input field which is bound to a context attribute of type "date") or a DateNavigator UI element.

Armin

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I finded my webdynpro user-exit where insert CUSTOM javascript

I know how to manage client event like:

onmouseover

onkeyup

ect....

and show message with a normal "alert".

I hope to write soon a WebBlog on it.

Bye.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavendra,

As far as I know, this is not possible in WebDynpro. One of the major limitaions of webdynpro is that it doesn't support client side scripting. Try searching this forum for "javascript" and you will find that this topic has been discussed extensively.

Best Regards,

Nibu.

Message was edited by: Nibu Wilson