cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty the cacher server when aRFC layer updates the metada

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it normal to empty everytime the cacher server, that means re-start the J2EE engine to flush it, when aRFC layer updates the metada of a deployed model objects ?

does somebody have got explanations on this topic ? or some tips & tricks around it ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Eric.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The J2EE engine must be restarted to clear the metadata cache. As you must know, the first time a given RFC is accessed after any restart of the J2EE engine the metadata is pulled into the cache where it is held until the J2EE engine is restarted. If the underlying RFC interface structure is changed, it will not be accounted for in the metadata cache until after a restart of the J2EE engine.

Depending on the situation, this can have very undesirable results. At my current customer, we had an RFC that was enhanced and the model was re-imported into the WD application and changes made based on the new interface. When this was deployed to our development server (which had not been cycled) we had all kinds of weird results where certain fields were now being incorrectly mapped resulting in bad records being saved to our back end system. Once the J2EE engine was cycled, the problems went away.

There is currently no mechanism for refreshing the cache other than a J2EE engine restart. I have asked about this internally at SAP, but I am still getting the answer that there is no target date for this type of functionality.

Sorry,

--Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, is there anything new on this issue?

Is it possible as a workaround to delete and readd the METADATA JCo entry in Web Dynpro Content Administrator?

We use NW 2004 Stack 18.

former_member85655
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arun, of course I know this paper. But they say in the paper "we are working/thinking about a solution". Maybe they have a solution now.

Answers (0)