Did you mean: 

Unable to reach the remote host spool system- using method U -Berkeley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

From SPAD, I'm getting this message :-

Unable to reach the remote host spool system

Message no. PO537

But I'm able to ping to the print server from my desktop and also I'm able ping from the SAP server prompt as well.

History :- If I go to the printer and reboot the print-server that is attached to the printer, then in SPAD I'm able to get the message "remote host reachable", but the bad part is this only lasts for few hours.

Then again when I check connection from SPAD, it will say "unable to connect to remote host"

Seems like from the SAP R/3 application it is unable to do a reconnect to the print server,

Regards,

Naren

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the configuration of printer in OS level, and also check the print queue in OS level as well.

With Regards

Sudha

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it may be a matter of the extremly bad design of SPAD gui,

that forces to maintain data with error, e.g. missing LPD-PortNo.

=> https://scn.sap.com/thread/3940963

0 Kudos

If you're using a windows print server, try starting a service call "SAPSprint" if it is not already running. This may resolve the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

First thinh u have to check it ....printer is accessible from u r server?

second is SAPLPD got the spool request from server?

third is tocheck the is there any daily schedule of the virus scanning....it might be the problem ..bcoz i face this problem in my case?

Regards,

kamlesh

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ask your printer server hardware vendor to help you. I believe the problem is on the print server, not on SAP.