cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - Resource Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see the Resource Planning tab at the cProjects front end. How do I use this? Clicks here and there have not helped! I am sure there's some prerequisite for this. Can someone please help?

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you working with Workflow Deployment server

This may be because of WFD server.

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

I am not using WFD.Without WFD cant we use Resource Planning. One more thing, what is the exact purpose of WFD and how to install it.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to check if you hv WFD, go to SPRO under cProjects > Resource mgmt > check Work force deployment...

If you see this then WFD is installed...

If you are using ONLY cProjects suite 4.0 then there is no need to use WFD.

WFD was used by cProjects 3.0 for effective planning along with other modules where same BPs are to be used.

The Workforce Deployment Server (WFD Server) is a central planning service.It finds and manages assignments of personnel requirements to personnel resources. The assignments can be created manually or generated automatically.

WFD Server also contains all data relevant to planning, such as the resources; their availability, service area, and qualifications; and the personnel requirements.

WFD Server has two tasks:

-

It is the central data basis of the following data relevant to planning:

-

Personnel resources and their availability and qualifications

-

Personnel requirements and their qualification requirements and time-related requirements of the resources

-

Resource service area

-

It finds and manages assignments of personnel resources to personnel requirements by comparing the following data:

-

The requirement's qualification requirements with the resources' qualifications profile

-

The requirement's required capacity and period with the resources' availability

-

The requirement’s location and the resources’ service area

WFD is a tool to plan resources. It is mainly used along with other systems if BPs are same.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your explanation Niranjan !!!

I am using cProjects 4.0 only. I am able to see the navigation tree cProjects > Resource mgmt > check Work force deployment.. in my system.

I may need to integrate the cProjects with SAP ERP users, so should i use WFD or not. And one more thing is if i dont use WFD, Resource Planning doent work or what ...

A little bit confusion...

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

@ confusion,

You can use cProjects 4 without WFD for using BP in ERP.

If you have no of systems like HCM, cProjects, CRM and many more like Audit, EHS where you need same people (BP) to work

then you use WFD for central planning.

However if you want to use only for CATS > cProjects using HR integration you need not use WFD.

Just check my Wiki

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/HR_CATS_Cproject+Scenario

make sure u give ur comments on it

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem for me as well...

-rajesh