cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Leveling Heuristic in PPDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys -

I was going through some PPDS documentation and it says that up until APO 3.0 it was possible to use the MRP Heuristic(SAP_MRP_001 with finite MRP setting)for<b> finite planning</b>. So basically this heuristic is used for <b>both requirements and capacity planning</b> simultaneously. It also said that this is not a good approach and it is always better to follow the 2 step process of :

1) Planning Heuristic(infinite) something like the standard lots SAP_PP_002

2) Then do Capacity leveling through the capacity leveling heuristic.

I have 2 questions on this:

Q1) Is it true that its not possible to use 1 heuristic to for both materials and capacity planning anymore or we can still do it but not recommended as the results may be inaccurate?

Q2)I am looking at the Schedule Sequence SAP001 heuristic to do capacity leveling at the bottleneck resources. Is this the correct heuristic for capacity leveling?

Thanks a lot!

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

The heuristic SAP_MRP_001 is a Planning heuristic which creates proposals according to low level codes .

For Sequencing you have to use Service heuristics (DS Heuristics). I hope this answers your question 1.

Regarding question 2 I am not sure for SAP001 that if it is heuristic for sequencing!

I am a bit confused regarding your question, you want capacity leveling or sequencing? Can you please clarify..

Regards,

Rohit