cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Program xxxxx not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, this thread is regarding another thread that I openend with the wrong name:

The problem is:

I'm getting the Programm xxxx not Registered, when doing a connection test from a RFC Destination to a RFC Comunication Channel. I made sure that the program IDs in the RFC destination and in the Adapter are the same. And I Made sure also that in the SMGW the program Id is registered.

Does any one of you experts have an Idea of what can be happening? Is urgent.. Thank your for your help.

Felipe

Older Thread:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

you logon to J2EE using J2EE Admin tool (go.bat)

navigate to 'Services'->' JCo RFC provider node'

on the right side of the screen choose your entry in 'available RFC destinations' area

program ID: name of the program ( the R / 3 system the same program ID).

and your setting can start.

hope it useful for you.

dingding lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I did not solved the problem. I tryed to put the gateway, host, and program Id in a diferent R3 server. And it worked!!!!

So I really dont know what happened, the BASIS guys are comparing both of the R3 sytems to see what migth be differente between them. So if I get any feedback, I will post it gladly.

Thank you everyone for your help and patience.

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe, well what is the result on your problem? i am facing the same!!

Funny thing is that i already made this for another scenario, everythings works fine here but now i am stuck getting this error:

ERROR: program XXX not registered

br

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

As I said before, the problem was with the R3 system. I'm not sure what was happening but I think that some post instalation steps were not complete. In order to make it work, I used a different R/3 source system and it worked.

I hope it helps.

Felipe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

I'm sure you must have checked this before but just confirm that you have entered correct Gateway host and Gateway service in SM59 as well as in ID.

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!!

I'm still here... any one has any ideas?

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe !

Did you create the sender agreement object in Integration Directory based on the RFC sender communication channel?

Regards,

Matias.

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Has this ever worked ? Or is this new connection ?

Do you have multiple app servers on your r/3 system ?

Is your rfc destination on r/3 side registered with message server (set up in rfc destination) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Has this ever worked ? Or is this new connection ?

- This is a new connection

Do you have multiple app servers on your r/3 system ?

- Nop, Only one

Is your rfc destination on r/3 side registered with message server (set up in rfc destination) ?

- Is Registered as a "Registered Server"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matias!

Thanks for your reply,

No, I have not created the sender Agreement, it is totally necesary?

Felipe

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no its not.

Make sure the RFC destination is created in the sender application system (e.g. R/3) and that the logon data (host name and gateway #) point to the same system (R/3).

In the comm. channel, the data for RFC server is the same from the RFC Destonation (e.g., R/3's hostname and gateway #) and in the Metadata Repository logon data, maintain it as a normal saplogon entry (also, with R/3 data).

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oi Henrique!

Thanks for your reply.

<i>Make sure the RFC destination is created in the sender application system (e.g. R/3) and that the logon data (host name and gateway #) point to the same system (R/3).</i>

- Is checked and the RFC destination was created in th R/3 system

<i>In the comm. channel, the data for RFC server is the same from the RFC Destonation (e.g., R/3's hostname and gateway #) and in the Metadata Repository logon data, maintain it as a normal saplogon entry (also, with R/3 data).</i>

- Done, is checked is the same info (Program Id, hostname, gateway). I checked in the SMGW and the program id is listed as a Reistered server

Any other Suggestions?

Felipe

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the comm channel activated?

Check in the communicatin channel monitoring the status for your comm channel.

If it's red, check the error messages.

Best regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henrique,

The Comm Channel is activated and in green. Do you have any other sugestion?

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle,

Sure that was the first thing I checked and it is exactly the same.

Do you have any other sugestion?

Henrique, as I told you the Comm Channel is ok and in Green status, do you know what could be the problem?

Thanks guys for your help.

Felipe

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

In Config Dir, do you have the "adapter specific identifiers" set in the R/3 business system ? You have to import the sid and client from the SLD.

This about the last thing I can think of. If this doesn't fix it, then I would re-check your settings as suggested by earlier posts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I don`t get what you are telling me. Can you be a little bit more specific? Where can I see these identifiers?

Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Reffer this BLOG

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Seshagiri, got the adapter specific details.

But they were Ok, the problem testing the connection from the SM59 still persist. Anyone has any other idea of what could be happening? I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys...

I'm still stuck with this problem. Please anyone help me on this.

The problem basically is that when I try to do a test connection from the SM59, it throws "Program addtest not registered".

- The Information (program id, host, gateway) in the comm channel as in the rfc destination is the same.

- The comm channel status is green.

- In the SMGW I can see the program id as a "Registered Server"

Please people, help on this. I'm really stuck with this. Waiting for any sugestions...

Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Would you mind posting the RFC configuration from SM59? Also give the hostname and gatway of XI server.

Do you have any other XI server with same configration (eg same hostname)?

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pinkle,

Sure thi is how the RFC Destination is defined:

RFC Destination: XI_TEST

Connection typ: T (TCP/IP)

Registered Server Program (radio button): Selected

Program ID: programasuma

Gateway host: sapsbx

Gateway service: sapgw00

-

And this is how is configured the comm channel in ID:

Communication Channel: CalculatorWS_RFCSender

Adapter type: RFC

Sender (radio Button): Selected

Application Server (gateway): sapsbx

Application Server Service (Gateway): sapgw00

Program id: programasuma

As you can see, the data is exctly the same in both systems.

<i>Do you have any other XI server with same configration (eg same hostname)?</i>

-Yes there is another XI server, but the configuration is totally diferent.

And as I said, the weird thing is that I can see that the program appears in the SMGW as a registered server program, but when I try a connection from the SM59, it does not connects. Any Idea?

Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

I'm still here and still with my problem.

Now I have a simple question. It is possible to have a program appearing in the SMGW as a "registered program" and then in SM59 doing a Connection Test, and then throws the error mentioned above?

What could be the reason to be able to register in the R3 system but can not test the connection from the R3 to the same Program Registered in R3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys..

Well... I'm still here... with this issue.

And if you know somewhere I can post this question and report this problem, I will appreciate very much your suggestions. I need a solution fast!

Thanks!

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Felipe,

Now let me understand correctly....

You have created RFC destination in one of the R/3 system (???) and you have configured comm channel in XI (sapsbx?). Am I correct?

If sapsbx is your XI server then your configuration could wrong. Generally you need to put the hostname where RFC destination has been configured and same you need in comm channel definition.

Hope this will help.

- Pinkle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pinkle,

sapsbx is the R/3 System. So I created the RFC Destination in sapsbx with hostname "sapsbx", as well I configured in XI the comm channel with hostname "sapsbx".

So I think I have it rigth, any ideas? Thanks,

Felipe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh...

One last try from my side.

Check whether port 3300 is open from XI to R/3 system.

- Pinkle

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

The rfc destination in r/3 should have the host name of the server it is going to, which in the case is the xi server. Is that running on sapsbx as well ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I understood that host name in the XI comm channel should be the R/3 system that will invoke the RFC. And that same host should be defined in the RFC destination.

So I have the comm channel:

Host: sapsbx

So if it has to be the same, I have in the RFC destination in the R/3 system (sapsbx):

Host: sapsbx

XI is running in a other system: sapxid. I'm doing things wrong? I mean, in almost all of the posts and blogs say that the Host defined in the RFC Destination, should not be the XI system, is that correct? Take a look o this blog: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Thanks,

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me double check your scenario:

You have an rfc program in r/3 that is pushing data to xi, right ?

And the defined rfc destination we have been talking about has been created in r/3 ?

If the answer to these two questions is yes, then the host in the rfc destination should be the xi host, not r/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

<i>You have an rfc program in r/3 that is pushing data to xi, right ? </i>

- Yes

<i>And the defined rfc destination we have been talking about has been created in r/3 ?</i>

- Yes

<i>If the answer to these two questions is yes, then the host in the rfc destination should be the xi host, not r/3. </i>

-Now I'm confussed. And is not that I dont believe you, but some other friends have posted exactly the opposite, and some of the blogs says that the RFC's destination host has to be the R/3 system.

- Now, what you say is that in my XI comm channel, I would need to have the configuration like this?

Application server (gateway): sapxid (the XI system)

Application Server Service (gateway): sapagw00

Progam id: test_suma

-And in the RFC destination should be the same?

I will test anyway, but I will be waiting for your answer. Thanks,

Felipe

former_member431549
Contributor
0 Kudos

The info I gave you was for a type 3 rfc destination, not a type T. Sorry, I mixed the two in my head.

In your type T rfc destination in r/3 system:

gateway host - should be r/3 message gateway

gateway service - should be the gateway service of r/3 system

In the sender comm channel:

application server - should be r/3 system

application server service - should be the gateway service of r/3 system

program id - these values need to match on both sides of conenction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow Tim..

I even got a litle bit nervous... but is ok.

Now that we are in track.. what else do you think that it could be the problem, having the host, gateway and program id, exactly the same in both Comm Channel and in RFC destination.

Thanks,

Felipe