cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector - Support for RFC callback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my .NET client, I need to invoke a custom RFC that in turn invokes another RFC running in my .NET client space. SAP documentation says that when an RFC function invokes a RFC with DESTINATION BACK keyword, SAP automatically uses the connection that was used to invoke the RFC. I have been examining the RFC server console application. This application seems to be a pure server application that requires its own dedicated TCP/IP destination. In my case, I want the SAP server to automatically call back on the source. Can someone please help me understand how I can simply make my client code acts as a server temporarily?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

the current SAP .NET Connector doesn't support callbacks.

Indeed the only feasable solution is to have an app that servs as both - client an full RFC server - in serparate threads. An you need to declare your "server part" im SM59 - thus calling it with a normal destination name, not "BACK".

The next major version of SAP .NET Connector (no date for release known so far) will support callbacks.

You would create a client proxy class and a server proxy class (for the callbacks) in the same app.

You would then register your callback server instance in your client proxy instance.

Hope that helps a bit,

Reiner.