cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with URL formed using WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem navigating from a Wed Dynpro application to an Transaction iView with URL parameters. For the navigation, I use the <b>WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute()</b> method.

The correct URL if i hardcode: If i give the complete URL as follows, it works fine

<i>https://q32db.bas.company.com/irj/portal?navigationtarget=roles://portal_content/com.company.CompanyContentFolder/com.company.bw.BW-integration/com.company.bwintegration.iviews.iViews/StartingBExAnalyzerinExcel&DynamicParameter%3dWBID%3d44QF1XDPQTQO1EF843LP00NSI</i>

- <b>The above link opens the application correctly</b>

But, since I cannot hard code, I do the following

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(

<b>selectedFav.getGen_Url(),</b>

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL,

(String) null,

(String) null,

WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS,

(String) null,

(String) null,

null);

<b>selectedFav.getGen_Url() = ROLES://portal_content/com.company.CompanyContentFolder/com.company.bw.BW-integration/com.company.bwintegration.iviews.iViews/StartingBExAnalyzerinExcel&DynamicParameter%3dWBID%3d44QF1XDPQTQO1EF843LP00NSI</b>

But, when i deploy the application and click on the UI element (Link to action: which executes the above snippet), the URL that is formed is as follows:

<i>https://q32db.bas.company.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prteventname/navigate/prtroot/pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.company.CompanyContentFolder!2fcom.company.bw.BW-integration!2fBWtemplate!2fCustomCompanyDesktop!2fframeworkPages!2fcustomcompanyframeworkpage!2fcom.sap.portal.innerpage!2fcom.sap.portal.contentarea?NavigationTarget=ROLES%3A%2F%2Fportal_content%2Fcom.company.CompanyContentFolder%2Fcom.company.bw.BW-integration%2Fcom.company.bwintegration.iviews.iViews%2FStartingBExAnalyzerinExcel%26DynamicParameter%3DWBID%3D44QF1XDPQTQO1EF843LP00NSI</i>

<b>And, the above link is not what is expected and hence does not work.</b>

Why is the correct URL (first URL) not being formed? What is wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Add to the below question: I get a blank page and nothing opens when the 2nd URL is formed.

The PCD location is value returned by <b>selectedFav.getGen_Url()</b>

Is there anything that is going wrong in this URL? Can anyone dissect the below URL and provide some inputs.

https://q32db.bas.company.com/irj/servlet

-

/prt/portal/prteventname/Navigate/prtroot/pcd!3a

portal_content!2f

com.company.CompanyContentFolder!2f

com.company.bw.BW-integration!2f

BWtemplate!2f

CustomCompanyDesktop!2

fframeworkPages!2f

customcompanyframeworkpage!2f

com.sap.portal.innerpage!2f

com.sap.portal.contentarea?