cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long duration time extraction BKPF table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have access to SAP R/3 on a Oracle database.

For one object GL Open Items I need to extract all required data from 2 tables BSIS and BKPF. (=select all open items of required G/L Accounts)

Selection Criteria as follows:

step 1:Select BSIS records on MANDT, BUKRS and HKONT (from a list of GL Accounts).

step 2:Select BKPF records where:

- BSIS-MANDT=BKPF-MANDT

- BSIS-BUKRS=BKPF-BUKRS

- BSIS-GJAHR=BKPF-GJAHR

- BSIS-BELNR=BKPF-BELNR

I have used SQL statements in order to get the data out of SAP but this will lead to an enormous long duration time, caused by the BKPF table. Therefore I need to improve my performance of BKPF.

To my opinion it should be running faster. On the frond end the running time of selected line items by usage of transaction code FBL3N (=display line items GL Accounts) gives no performance problems so there must be a better way to extract open GL items.

Questions:

1. which tables are approached by SAP when using transaction code FBL3N?

2. Is there a solution to fasten the BKPF data extraction? (other tooling/special code written, etc.)? SQL tooling is not a must!

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Questions:

> 1. which tables are approached by SAP when using

> transaction code FBL3N?

Turn on SQL-Trace in ST05, start the transaction and see, which tables are accessed.

> 2. Is there a solution to fasten the BKPF data

> extraction? (other tooling/special code written,

> etc.)? SQL tooling is not a must!

An approach to a "solution" would be to check which access method the databases uses and if an index would make sense.

--

Markus