cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro Overwrites Fixed Values

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SCM 4.1, if you use a macro in interactive demand planning to copy the values from one key figure into another key figure, the macro will overwrite any fixed values in the target key figure. Is there a way to prevent the macro from overwriting fixed values in the target key figure?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to clarify something about this answer. I understand that the key figure which stores the fixed values of a fixable key figure does not need to be explicitly added to the planning area. However, is it still possible to do the checking logic that is suggested in the previous answer if the fixed portion of the key figure is not in the planning area?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think so. The Fixed Key figure should be part of PLanning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas -- That's what I was afraid of, and that's what I'm seeing in my testing. Not only does the fixing key figure (the key figure that stores the fixed value) need to be in the planning area, along with the fixable key figure itself, but the fixing key figure must also be type APO, not type BW.

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I'm going to leave this question as "not answered" for a day or two just to see if anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

Do you have option "Adjust Fixing" in the attributes of Results Row of your macro ?

Please uncheck that. It should untouch the fixed values and write all other cells.

thx

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat -- Thank you for your response. However, same problem as above, i.e., I am in Release 4.1. The "Adjust Fixing" checkbox was introduced in Release 5.0. So this does not help me.

It appears that the functionality in Release 4.1 allows you to restrict the operation so that it includes ONLY fixed key figures, but I want to EXCLUDE the fixed key figures.

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check

Using the cell attribute of Fixed value, you may be able to develop the logic of not copying if the cell has fixed values that are non-zeroes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas -- Thank you for the tip. This sounds promising. I will give it a try. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating the macros in the attribute settings for your result row, you have section called " Write protection". You can Select either retain existing values or Overwrite existing values. If you select "retain existing values, the copied values would be filled up only in the cell with no values or zeros. if you select the overwrite option, it overwrites every value.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu -- Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, this does not help because I want to overwrite all values except those that are fixed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Did you see this post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu -- Yes, I did see that post. Unfortunately, I am working with Release 4.1. The IS_FIXED macro function is not available in Release 4.1, and the key figure attributes are more limited than in 5.0. Thank you again for trying.